*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Diff for type 34 SWB axle

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Diff for type 34 SWB axle

Postby forest » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi guys. I bought a new diff some time ago for my MK5 120 van and find that it will not fit my van as the half shafts will not fit into the diff. The diameter of the half shafts is too large for this diff. As the diff is no use to me I need to move it on but I'm not sure which Transit variant it fits!
It has a 4.56:1 ratio. Could anyone give me any clues as to what to look for to identify the correct application for this diff.
My MK5 120 was a British Telecoms van and I'm wondering if this had a heavy duty axle with larger diameter half shafts? If so that would explain why it won't fit.
forest
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:39 pm

Re: Diff for type 34 SWB axle

Postby MinorMatt » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:55 pm

I bet the dif you got is for a mk3....
Lucas Laser 2000/IDS
95 Pre Production DRW TD Highcube
95 Hallmark
96 150 100PS LWB Hi-Top
96 Autosleeper Duetto
06 Mk7 (scrap)
09 140PS T330S 2.2

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
User avatar
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 24611
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:53 pm
Location: Herefordshire/Gloucestershire/Berkshire

Re: Diff for type 34 SWB axle

Postby Luke » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:14 pm

MinorMatt wrote:I bet the dif you got is for a mk3....

sound right :!:
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44563
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: Diff for type 34 SWB axle

Postby manandvan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:36 pm

you need to put the planet gears from your old diff into the one you bought. :)
manandvan
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:25 pm


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.