*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Duratorq with VE pump, MTDI.

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Duratorq with VE pump, MTDI.

Postby oldyellar » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:20 pm

oldyellar
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby andypdq » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:20 pm

The first Mk 6 mechanical TDDI, giving electronics the finger, since April 2013

Perfection is reached, not when there's nothing left to add, but when there's nothing left to remove.

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNypVH ... dKUN5eJDyQ
andypdq
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Cobike » Wed May 26, 2021 12:32 pm

Hi. I'm Chris from Australia. I've actually purchased a VE pump for my mk6 2.4 tdi. I have a factory workshop manual which says that Ford put a Bosch mechanical pump on these motors in non EGR countries. Apparently the injectors are the same. I'm waiting with baited breath to see if the diaphragm high top on the pump fits under the manifold but I'm pretty sure it does. The manual is quite matter of fact about and it looks like it will be a straight swap. I will have to install a throttle cable and a pumpable fuel filter mounting.
The Bosch part number is 0460414218 and the Ford number is 1C1Q9A543CA. Whenever I googled the Bosch number the Ford number came up and vice versa.
Fingers crossed!
Cobike

Postby knobby1 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:42 pm

Cobike wrote:Hi. I'm Chris from Australia. I've actually purchased a VE pump for my mk6 2.4 tdi. I have a factory workshop manual which says that Ford put a Bosch mechanical pump on these motors in non EGR countries. Apparently the injectors are the same. I'm waiting with baited breath to see if the diaphragm high top on the pump fits under the manifold but I'm pretty sure it does. The manual is quite matter of fact about and it looks like it will be a straight swap. I will have to install a throttle cable and a pumpable fuel filter mounting.
The Bosch part number is 0460414218 and the Ford number is 1C1Q9A543CA. Whenever I googled the Bosch number the Ford number came up and vice versa.
Fingers crossed!

Thread is 8 years old and your reply to "andypdq" may fall on deaf ears, he hasn't been here since August of 2016.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dieselhead123 » Wed May 26, 2021 10:37 pm

Cobike wrote:Hi. I'm Chris from Australia. I've actually purchased a VE pump for my mk6 2.4 tdi. I have a factory workshop manual which says that Ford put a Bosch mechanical pump on these motors in non EGR countries. Apparently the injectors are the same. I'm waiting with baited breath to see if the diaphragm high top on the pump fits under the manifold but I'm pretty sure it does. The manual is quite matter of fact about and it looks like it will be a straight swap. I will have to install a throttle cable and a pumpable fuel filter mounting.
Fingers crossed!

Hi there, welcome to the world of reliability.

We based our hybrid VE on the 218 pump, using Bosch data, but used a 'donor' that is readily available where we are, UK.

Not having had the chance to inspect a 218 pump, I can't confirm/deny if there are any clearance issues, but we did find the LDA top of our hybrid fouled the early, larger 2.4 RWD inlet manifold, we recommend using the later, smaller inlet manifold with our conversions. We did purchase a genuine 218 pump drive hub when doing our initial research, the position of the timing mark and the two timing pin holes suggested that the pump had been 'rotated', (possibly to solve clearance issues). If our assumptions were correct, it would suggest that the engine blocks destined to receive Ve pumps were drilled differently. Either way, you will find out when you carry out the installation.

Another thing to bare in mind is the throttle linkage, 218s were only used in left hand drive markets, and it is possible that the linkage on the top of the pump might make cable routing difficult on a right hand drive model. The linkage on our hybrid Ve pump pulls rearward on the 'outside' of the pump, (furthest from the engine), this enables the cable to pass over the inlet manifold towards the right hand side of the bulkhead.

The UK/EU spec Tddi models use a Delphi mechanical injector, the Ve pumped models use Bosch DHK mechanical injectors. We developed out hybrid Ve so that it worked best with the Delphi units found in our own domestic market, but the pump will be fine with either.

Another note on 'injectors', if your Tddi is a 115/120/125 model then you will find your pipes do not fit the delivery valves on the Ve pump. You will need to use pipes from a Tddi 75/85/90/100ps model.

Welcome to the world of reliability.

TIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuxiueLzLHU
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby karl » Mon May 31, 2021 11:45 pm

dieselhead123 wrote:
Fingers crossed!

Hi there, welcome to the world of reliability.

We based our hybrid VE on the 218 pump, using Bosch data, but used a 'donor' that is readily available where we are, UK.

Not having had the chance to inspect a 218 pump, I can't confirm/deny if there are any clearance issues, but we did find the LDA top of our hybrid fouled the early, larger 2.4 RWD inlet manifold, we recommend using the later, smaller inlet manifold with our conversions. We did purchase a genuine 218 pump drive hub when doing our initial research, the position of the timing mark and the two timing pin holes suggested that the pump had been 'rotated', (possibly to solve clearance issues). If our assumptions were correct, it would suggest that the engine blocks destined to receive Ve pumps were drilled differently. Either way, you will find out when you carry out the installation.

Another thing to bare in mind is the throttle linkage, 218s were only used in left hand drive markets, and it is possible that the linkage on the top of the pump might make cable routing difficult on a right hand drive model. The linkage on our hybrid Ve pump pulls rearward on the 'outside' of the pump, (furthest from the engine), this enables the cable to pass over the inlet manifold towards the right hand side of the bulkhead.

The UK/EU spec Tddi models use a Delphi mechanical injector, the Ve pumped models use Bosch DHK mechanical injectors. We developed out hybrid Ve so that it worked best with the Delphi units found in our own domestic market, but the pump will be fine with either.

Another note on 'injectors', if your Tddi is a 115/120/125 model then you will find your pipes do not fit the delivery valves on the Ve pump. You will need to use pipes from a Tddi 75/85/90/100ps model.

Welcome to the world of reliability.

TIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuxiueLzLHU

where did andy disapear to :roll: i recall wanting one of your pumps many years ago after mine failed but never got a reply
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby dieselhead123 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:58 pm

karl wrote:
where did andy disapear to :roll: i recall wanting one of your pumps many years ago after mine failed but never got a reply

Andy is still very much with us Karl.

Tim
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Cobike » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:43 am

Hi Tim. I have just submitted a post on your web pages so you are probably wondering why I have repeated myself. The purchase of the 218 fell through so I am still looking. I am very keen as my van has been off the road for 6 long months now while I explored all options. Your web site says you have an Oz agent. Could I contact them for help?
What are your prices for the hybrid?
I am so over this, but I need/want to get the van running so I can reliably explore the Wide Brown Land.
Help!
Cobike

Postby dieselhead123 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:50 pm

Cobike wrote:Hi Tim. I have just submitted a post on your web pages so you are probably wondering why I have repeated myself. The purchase of the 218 fell through so I am still looking. I am very keen as my van has been off the road for 6 long months now while I explored all options. Your web site says you have an Oz agent. Could I contact them for help?
What are your prices for the hybrid?
I am so over this, but I need/want to get the van running so I can reliably explore the Wide Brown Land.
Help!

Hi there, we are assembling another batch of these pumps this week and would be happy to supply you.
Price of the kit is still £650 plus postage.

TIM
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby karl » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:12 pm

dieselhead123 wrote:
karl wrote:

Tim

you both going to mania this year ?
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby dieselhead123 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:27 pm

karl wrote:
dieselhead123 wrote:
karl wrote:

Tim

you both going to mania this year ?

Not definite yet, (work commitments), but our products will be there :| :wink:

Tim
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby V184 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:54 am

Tim[/quote]

you both going to mania this year ?[/quote]

Not definite yet, (work commitments), but our products will be there :| :wink:

Tim[/quote]
Shame i was hoping to get a selfie with you guys :lol: :lol: :lol:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby andypdq » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:42 pm

Shame i was hoping to get a selfie with you guys :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

It would be great to meet you, I could do with some tips on baking.
The first Mk 6 mechanical TDDI, giving electronics the finger, since April 2013

Perfection is reached, not when there's nothing left to add, but when there's nothing left to remove.

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNypVH ... dKUN5eJDyQ
andypdq
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby V184 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:02 pm

andypdq wrote:Shame i was hoping to get a selfie with you guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would be great to meet you, I could do with some tips on baking.[/quote]

Will be my pleasure Andrew
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby camper-man » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:52 pm

Hi,Tim you have been speaking on facebook with my brother,We want to fit a 2.0l tddi mk6 engine "Fitted with one of your pumps" into a mk7 transit but keep as much as the mk7 pipe work and also the 6 speed gearbox

If i buy a pump for £650 does thin come with the conversion plates for the water pump and power steering pump and what else would i need

Thanks
camper-man
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Problems & Questions