*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2008 MK7 2.4 Hot Start Problem

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: 2008 MK7 2.4 Hot Start Problem

Postby mac2018 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:46 pm

did the crank sensor fix the problem? got this on my van and driving me mad.
mac2018

Postby 99maton99 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:33 pm

Hey guys

I have exactly the same issue with my mk7 2010 2.4 tdci 115. Can you tell me what resolved the issue?

Van was running fine bar a little idle hunting for the 1st minute or so, issue started after carrying out the following work:
I had the dreaded tranny squeal so replaced the idler pulley, tensioner pulley and new serpentine belt.
After this I had bad crank pulley wobble so replaced this. On removal the old 1 had badly perished, rock hard rubber. New one stopped the wobble.
After this the alternator started squeaking, on inspection the pulley was loose and had a fair amount of play. New alternator has been fitted.

Ever since changing the alternator I've had exact same symptoms. FORscan is showing P037D fault code (glow plug sense circuit).

Hope someone can help, Thank you
Martin
99maton99

Postby knobby1 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:41 am

99maton99 wrote:Hey guys

I have exactly the same issue with my mk7 2010 2.4 tdci 115. Can you tell me what resolved the issue?

Van was running fine bar a little idle hunting for the 1st minute or so, issue started after carrying out the following work:
I had the dreaded tranny squeal so replaced the idler pulley, tensioner pulley and new serpentine belt.
After this I had bad crank pulley wobble so replaced this. On removal the old 1 had badly perished, rock hard rubber. New one stopped the wobble.
After this the alternator started squeaking, on inspection the pulley was loose and had a fair amount of play. New alternator has been fitted.

Ever since changing the alternator I've had exact same symptoms. FORscan is showing P037D fault code (glow plug sense circuit).

Hope someone can help, Thank you
Martin

Thread is over 5 years old and the person you're replying to hasn't been back on here since then.

Best you start a new thread with your issue otherwise it will probably get lost in this old one.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions