*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Central locking fail after CC & Locking at speed activation

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Central locking fail after CC & Locking at speed activation

Postby fletchyfletch » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:45 pm

I had a few things activated at a tuning shop yesterday, including locking at speed and cruise control. Everything is working as normal except for the locking at speed, which worked once, and central locking.
When I press the CL button on the fob or activate it through the door locks I can hear a buzzing from the rear locking motors and then a beep to signify that the van is still unlocked. No sounds from the front doors.
I got home and checked for errors on Forscan.. nothing. I deactivated locking at speed and still I have the same issue. Any ideas?
Ford Transit Mk7 FWD SWB 2011 2.2 litre
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Central locking fail after CC & Locking at speed activat

Postby andz327 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:17 am

fletchyfletch wrote:I had a few things activated at a tuning shop yesterday, including locking at speed and cruise control. Everything is working as normal except for the locking at speed, which worked once, and central locking.
When I press the CL button on the fob or activate it through the door locks I can hear a buzzing from the rear locking motors and then a beep to signify that the van is still unlocked. No sounds from the front doors.
I got home and checked for errors on Forscan.. nothing. I deactivated locking at speed and still I have the same issue. Any ideas?
Check wiring loom to rear doors especially where it goes through the tubes
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Altransit » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:51 am

It's probably a configuration error :idea:

Mine did this when I had a new BCM fitted, the new configuration wasn't right and all of the doors weren't locking, causing the horn to beep.

Re-configuring the locking sequence cured the problem :)
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby fletchyfletch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:57 am

andz327 wrote:Check wiring loom to rear doors especially where it goes through the tubes

The thing is that I still hear the motors trying to work on the rear doors but nothing engages. Also, it was working before the CC activation.
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby fletchyfletch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:59 am

Altransit wrote:It's probably a configuration error :idea:

Mine did this when I had a new BCM fitted, the new configuration wasn't right and all of the doors weren't locking, causing the horn to beep.

Re-configuring the locking sequence cured the problem :)

I suspected as much but i have about 30 minutes experience on Forscan. I've turned off the auto locking at speed without any change and I have no idea how to reconfigure the locking sequence. Do you know how?
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Altransit » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:06 am

fletchyfletch wrote: Do you know how?

I'm sorry, but it was being done for me by MartynX (vantuner), he was using genuine Ford IDS to do the software thing because the BCM config had to be copied from the old one to the new one.
I seemed to lose my hill launch assist during the config, so these things don't always go smoothly :P
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby fletchyfletch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:12 am

Alas, I live too far away from Martyn and can’t afford the few days without working van so I’m left sorting out he niggles by myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby andz327 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:16 am

fletchyfletch wrote:
andz327 wrote:Check wiring loom to rear doors especially where it goes through the tubes

The thing is that I still hear the motors trying to work on the rear doors but nothing engages. Also, it was working before the CC activation.
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby martynx » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:22 am

andz327 wrote:
fletchyfletch wrote:

Maybe fit the old BCM temporarily to see if the central locking works again? That may rule out a lock or wiring issue. & I wonder if the hill start would work if a door is open (or is falsely being reported as open).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Altransit » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:28 am

martynx wrote:Maybe fit the old BCM temporarily to see if the central locking works again? That may rule out a lock or wiring issue. & I wonder if the hill start would work if a door is open (or is falsely being reported as open).

It was me that had the new BCM Martyn, the OP has had a locking problem since activating auto locking on his existing BCM.

You might remember that mine did this, when you fitted the upgraded BCM and you had to do something with engineering mode to make the locks work properly :)
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby martynx » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:42 am

Altransit wrote:
martynx wrote:Maybe fit the old BCM temporarily to see if the central locking works again? That may rule out a lock or wiring issue. & I wonder if the hill start would work if a door is open (or is falsely being reported as open).

It was me that had the new BCM Martyn, the OP has had a locking problem since activating auto locking on his existing BCM.

You might remember that mine did this, when you fitted the upgraded BCM and you had to do something with engineering mode to make the locks work properly :)
Hi Al:) on post 6 it's mentioned about old to new ? i recall a BCM swap to C job but it was some weeks ago now , am I going nuts !!??

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby martynx » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:42 am

Altransit wrote:

I do recal yours though ;)

martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Altransit » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:55 am

martynx wrote:Hi Al:) on post 6 it's mentioned about old to new ? i recall a BCM swap to C job but it was some weeks ago now , am I going nuts !!??

Probably me that's going nuts, I've just noticed that the OP says in his sig that he has a 2004 Mk7!, so I have no idea now :!: :?
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby martynx » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:38 pm

Altransit wrote:
martynx wrote:Hi Al:) on post 6 it's mentioned about old to new ? i recall a BCM swap to C job but it was some weeks ago now , am I going nuts !!??

Probably me that's going nuts, I've just noticed that the OP says in his sig that he has a 2004 Mk7!, so I have no idea now :!: :?
And post #1 says yesterday! I've not done one for weeks , lol

martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby andz327 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:03 pm

martynx wrote:
Altransit wrote:

And post #1 says yesterday! I've not done one for weeks , lol

Op never mentioned Martynx just a tuning shop, it was ALtransit that mentioned the God and dude said he stayed to many miles from EL VANTUNER. , was wondering aboot the 2004 mk7
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Next

Return to Technical Problems & Questions