*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

struggling with starting the latest Bosch conversion help

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: struggling with starting the latest Bosch conversion hel

Postby knobby1 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:19 pm

Wotisname wrote:
Chug wrote:Hello Mac

Max fuel/smoke adjustment
On the rear of the pump, (marked power adjustment screw in the pic above) partially hidden by the fuel lines, above the stop solenoid and usually with an anti-tamper cap is the max fuel adjustment screw.
Remove the anti tamper cap and loosen the 13mm lock nut, and turn the adjustment screw clockwise and re-tighten the locknut.
Give it full throttle and see how it smokes, but a quick road test to see how smokey it is under full throttle acceleration is best.
For additional fuel (and smoke) the screw may be turned further clockwise. Back it off to reduce smoke.
After adjusting this you may need to re-adjust the Smoke Adjustment Screw to reduce low speed smoke, and the idle screw or throttle linkage to correct the idle speed.

It says above to turn the screw clockwise, is this looking at the pump from the front ie. winding the screw out?

Thread is 4 years old, but "Mac1984" is still with us and was on here as recently as last month.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Chug » Tue May 17, 2022 9:58 pm

Clockwise as in winding the screw into the pump.
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Wotisname » Thu May 19, 2022 12:09 am

Chug wrote:Clockwise as in winding the screw into the pump.

Thank you I will have another go tomorrow. My camper is getting better every time I fiddle with it these days. It got up 1:10 hills last weekend around Haworth but it wouldn't do more than 60mph on the motorway getting there. The engine also starts much easier as well and it is much quieter running.

I could never have done it without this forum.

Regards, Terry
Wotisname
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions