*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Oil Problem, 2.2 Puma

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Oil Problem, 2.2 Puma

Postby karl » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:00 pm

Drake1793 wrote:
karl wrote:iv never known these euro 5 Citroen 2.2 to do injector seals as these have a different clamp then the sister transit.

but as for excessive crankcase pressure like yours in the video.

it has a very worn engine ! and could have a crack piston but i would expect oil being thrown out of the filler cap :shock:

also looking a previous posted i seen oil being 10/40 w, which is not the correct oil for these "it has to be 5/30 fully synthetic " c3 grade

and to be honest if the turbo failed on these it shuts the engine down on these

"these not like the transit were the will run on using the oil as fuel" :D

It's an euro 4 engine.
The oil is a 10w60 with a better oil specific (API,ACEA,JASO) but if I solved the problem i will change with the 5w30. Citroen allows you to change oil to 5w30 ->10w40 -> 15w40.

being a euro 5 engine 10w/40 15/w 40 is no good for the engine mate it has to be low sap engine oil.....C3
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Drake1793 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:17 pm

karl wrote:
Drake1793 wrote:
karl wrote:iv never known these euro 5 Citroen 2.2 to do injector seals as these have a different clamp then the sister transit.

it has a very worn engine ! and could have a crack piston but i would expect oil being thrown out of the filler cap :shock:

also looking a previous posted i seen oil being 10/40 w, which is not the correct oil for these "it has to be 5/30 fully synthetic " c3 grade

It's an euro 4 engine.
The oil is a 10w60 with a better oil specific (API,ACEA,JASO) but if I solved the problem i will change with the 5w30. Citroen allows you to change oil to 5w30 ->10w40 -> 15w40.

being a euro 5 engine 10w/40 15/w 40 is no good for the engine mate it has to be low sap engine oil.....C3

I've put in 8100 X-POWER 10W-60 only to see if i can reduce the oil consuption. I will change it with the 8100 X-CLEAN FE 5W-30.
Drake1793
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby andz327 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:16 pm

Drake1793 wrote:
karl wrote:
Drake1793 wrote:
karl"]iv never known these euro 5 Citroen 2.2 to do injector seals as these have a different clamp then the sister transit.

It's an euro 4 engine.

I've put in 8100 X-POWER 10W-60 only to see if i can reduce the oil consuption. I will change it with the 8100 X-CLEAN FE 5W-30.[/quote][quote="Drake1793 wrote:
andz327 wrote:
rebuilder86 wrote:so i have a theory.
i recon we are btoh experiencing a leak of the compressed turbocharger air, into the oil return line from the turbo into the crankcase!
That would eplain the misting up of the oil and it turning into vapour and spraying out the PCV vents and all through the engine bay.
Drake1793 wrote:[quote="Ken205"]Sorry drake but have you changed the rocker yet or not
Crankcase pressure in any engine is mainly caused by 3 things, cracked piston, worn piston rings or no breathing and
You have compression in all 4 cylinders
You could check the turbo by disconnecting the return pipe and blanking the block and drop the pipe into a bucket to see if the oil is pressurised when the engine is running but I still don't think that's your problem . If the turbo was pressurising the crankcase and your breathing system wasn't blocked it would leave out the pressure

I'm waiting for the parts.
The local auto-parts don't have them, so I bought on ebay.
Dont do anything else until you've changed rocker cover and seated your injectors in properly mate then run for a bit before throwing turbo at it

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply. Yesterday I changed the valve cover and redo the injectors seals. 3 of 4 injector on the side are plenty of carbon so I think they had a leak. For now the engine seems running better and the "blow of" seems gone. Now i wait some km and i will see.
No more on/of turbo around 1500-2000rpm.[/quote]I think the breather and injectors resealed has probably sorted it mate , if it has use quality oil and regular oil changes
Castrol magnatec 5/30 is what ford use

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Drake1793 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:57 pm

At now after injectors seals and a new valve cover no more oil consumption.
I've also changed the oil with the 5w30.
Thank you all!!
Drake1793
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions