*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

SCV wiring loom

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

SCV wiring loom

Postby Turdous » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi all again, just wondering if there is a common area on the Suction Control Valve harness that leads to an open circuit, as i changed the SCV and Frp and went for a drive and even worse now. So reverted to the old FRP and running lovely at high speed, tickover sounds like a box of spanners. Forscan tells me i have to fix the open circuit on the SCV before i can do any of the learns.
Turdous

Re: SCV wiring loom

Postby karl » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:17 pm

where you get your parts from ?

also you sure the plug is back on correctly :roll:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Turdous » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Well i gave ebay a chance, scv seems to be working ok but i changed one at a time to see if it improved it, same issue after fitting scv, then tried the fpr and drove 4 miles and on the return it sounded like i wasnt gonna get home from tesco, the cog lite up along with traction control which i couldnt turn off, made it home and put old one back on. Running really nice except for the low revs. i did notice when reaching down to the scv socket and playing and wriggling with the wiring i got a mild shock. so i have a feeling this is where the problem is, teach me to pay more attention to the condition of the wiring down there. £40 for scv which by the standards on here is cheap and nasty, but surely they must work as they have sold so many, maybe not the same longivity. but i'll take it all apart again tomorrow and see if i can find the culprit, before this all started i had put a new head on it, gaskets, oil cooler, filters and an injector and was running sweet and a couple weeks later i noticed an intermitant fault which at the time seemed it was an injector on its way out, but a few days ago i got the clanking from one or 2 of the injectors, i put forscan on it and it said inbalance of cylinder 3 and 4 and fuel metering stuck open. but after changing there is a constant open circuit on the svc.
Turdous

Postby karl » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:40 pm

you do know when you change these parts you need to software update the van :cry:

you need to pcm update only required if a new calibration file available, BUT you need to do the pump and injector pilot learn to sort the rough idle out, and in the process of this it will tell you if the injectors are faulty or not :D. basically the computer says no :lol:

also my advice is not buy ebay parts as they are copies, you can tell if you know what you looking for :wink:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby knobby1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:47 am

What Karl said....SCV & PRV should be genuine Ford items or you'll be buying them again. A full set of learns must be done also...or it will never work properly.
We've had poor results with using the Ebay specials....9 times out of 10 the learns will fail.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:13 am

THROW YOUR NEW PRV IN THE BIN YOU JUST WASTED YOUR MONEY
AND PROBABLY THE SCV TOO

DOUBT VERY MUCH THAT YOU GOT A SHOCK FELLA
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby loot » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Simple test, put old valves back on and clear codes then see if it is how it was. Then buy genuine and do the updates.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Problems & Questions