*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

53 plate transit mk6 2.0 di

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

53 plate transit mk6 2.0 di

Postby Jimmysimpson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:05 pm

I have problems starting my transit i bought this with one key and the immobilizer light was flashing wouldn't turn over or start, I was told to buy another two keys and program them to the van and it would start which I did and it turned over and started. Then few days later i started the van and turned it off to grab Somin from house, went to start it again and it just kept turning over, I pluged it in to my dia g and had a lot of codes pointing to the fuel pump ec u malfunction to communication problem with ec u to reduced fueling and something about watchdog, was thinking possibly that the edc transistors may have failed, basicly in a nut shell am looking for some one that may have had this problem and from there experience do these kind of codes relate to fuel pump ec u failed and maybe i need to send it off to have the transistors changed to cure the fault as the immobilized light turns off when I turn the key and it turns over but to me feels like no fuel getting though
Jimmysimpson

Re: 53 plate transit mk6 2.0 di

Postby andz327 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Jimmysimpson wrote:I have problems starting my transit i bought this with one key and the immobilizer light was flashing wouldn't turn over or start, I was told to buy another two keys and program them to the van and it would start which I did and it turned over and started. Then few days later i started the van and turned it off to grab Somin from house, went to start it again and it just kept turning over, I pluged it in to my dia g and had a lot of codes pointing to the fuel pump ec u malfunction to communication problem with ec u to reduced fueling and something about watchdog, was thinking possibly that the edc transistors may have failed, basicly in a nut shell am looking for some one that may have had this problem and from there experience do these kind of codes relate to fuel pump ec u failed and maybe i need to send it off to have the transistors changed to cure the fault as the immobilized light turns off when I turn the key and it turns over but to me feels like no fuel getting though
Check the wiring loom from pump back, especially around starter motor area as they're prone to wires chafing and shorting or breaking especially the watchdog wire

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jimmysimpson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:59 pm

Thanks for the advice i shall check the wires i believe there are about seven wires to the pump connecter , erm the watchdog wire , you wouldn't happen to know the colour scheme of this wire would you. i have already checked for continuity from the pump conecttor to the block connector just in front of the engine fuse box held together with the ten mms bolt and all seems to come bk ok unless it hasn't rubbed all the way though the wire and still held together with a few strands if you know what I mean
Jimmysimpson

Postby david56 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:56 pm

There is a video on YouTube about something like this. Bodgit and Leggit he changed the pump before finding a broken wire somewhere under the radiator.
If you are in a hurry skip the first half.
david56
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby APH » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:30 pm

I would normally say its EDC fault, however, as others said, you have a fwd van, so could be the rare occasion that chafed wires are the issue. Look at the wire by the pump, and all the way back to the loom for about a foot, remove the outer plastic casing, then examine each wire for signs of damage, and gently pull on each one, and see if the come apart, they usually brake internally, but the insulation still looks ok, so no continuity but no visible sign of damage. .

I did a write up on testing the pump wires form the pump plug back to the pcm connector, ill post a link on the bottom of this reply. If you know how to use a multimeter, then would be worth checking before finally condemning the pump EDC unit.

The wires for the comms between pump edc and pcm are grey&red, blue&red, and brown&red. They make up the can-bus link.

The thread was here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=124587

Andy :D
03 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 LWB HR white panel van
X reg 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 MWB MR Yellow Panel van
56 reg lwb high roof connect, 1.8 tdci 90 t 220

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

this is bunny

copy and paste to help bunny gain world domination
APH
Transit Fanatic