*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

bleeding t330 transit

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: bleeding t330 transit

Postby abiolayunis » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:33 am

ned wrote:I'm not very familiar with the 2.4 tddi but did you fit the correct fuel pump? There are 2, a VP30 & a VP44 so depending on the power output of your van will depend which pump it needs.

On the convoy have a good look at all the wires especially from the pump, there could be a broken wire somewhere.
Thanks Ned. On the Transit, I reinstalled the same injector pump its was using before I did the engine work. Nothing was amiss; I even took extra caution to ensure I didn't miss out any of the wires. Yet it failed to start. However, it started at tickover with a manual DI injector pump, so I ruled out the possibility of a fault in the engine components.

The Convoy actually acted strange earlier a day before it failed to rev. It started roughly and would not idle. Upon inspection, I discovered that the crankshaft sensor (I mean the one attached to topmost edge of the gearbox at the turbocharger side) has a shaky clip. So I replaced the sensor with the one from the Transit (I later bought another one for the Transit). Thereafter, it started fine, idled normal and runs as smoothly as ever throughout the said day. The shocker came when it started the next day but fails to rev.

After going through a number of threads on this forum yesterday, I discovered that Forscan actually listed some links where one can get a genuine/compatible Elm327 USB. I visited those links but I must admit the price are just okay for the quality they assured but the Dollar $/Pounds £ to Naira exchange rate is killing. It would take nearly half of my monthly income just to procure one of those USB Elm327. I just have to wait till I can come up with the fund; it's one of the CRIMES of been an African. Thanks so much.

Sent from my TECNO F2 using Tapatalk
abiolayunis
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions