*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

timing chain thought's

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

timing chain thought's

Postby Mad Husky » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:12 pm

Right then Mk6 2006 milage 200,000 just recently has started giving me problems starting when cold. I have read back through many posts on here and it all seems to point to the dreaded timing chain is due for renewal. To be fair I suspected this when i first got the van from the rattle at tickover but seems to be getting worse to the point the battery will go flat before it catches. Now should i replce the tensioner guides and chain with sprockets or just the chain guides and tensioner and what does the bad tensioner look like? BY the way i'm not tight just running on a budget so cheaper option is the chain tensioner and guides only and who to buy from I know ebay is shady. But europarts i need to sell a kidney.
Mad Husky
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: timing chain thought's

Postby bambi mk 1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm

If you use a cheap chain you may have to sell your two kidneys and your balls as well :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mad Husky » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:49 pm

I want to avoid the crap but the most expensive is a no she who must be obeyed cringed when i went pricing, so think just replacing the chain, the chain tensioner and relevant guides is the way to go. Even though I have read that you can get away just replacing the tensioner and guides.
Mad Husky
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby andz327 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:43 am

Mad Husky wrote:I want to avoid the crap but the most expensive is a no she who must be obeyed cringed when i went pricing, so think just replacing the chain, the chain tensioner and relevant guides is the way to go. Even though I have read that you can get away just replacing the tensioner and guides.
You can get genuine ford kits at decent price from DOHERTY TRANSIT PARTS

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mad Husky » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:25 am

andz327 wrote:
Mad Husky wrote:I want to avoid the crap but the most expensive is a no she who must be obeyed cringed when i went pricing, so think just replacing the chain, the chain tensioner and relevant guides is the way to go. Even though I have read that you can get away just replacing the tensioner and guides.
You can get genuine ford kits at decent price from DOHERTY TRANSIT PARTS

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Thank you willl take a look
Mad Husky
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Technical Problems & Questions