*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear washer jets lines?

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Rear washer jets lines?

Postby Shortstuff80 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:49 pm

I noticed this week when I tried to use the rear washer rather than washing my rear screen water gushed down the side window next to the last row of seats.

I tried taking a look but can't see where the pipe goes? Do I need to take the whole roof lining and side off to get to the pipe which has probably only become disconnected somewhere?

Thanks in advance
Shortstuff80

Re: Rear washer jets lines?

Postby loot » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:12 pm

I'm sure the pipe goes from the front washer bottle up the passenger windscreen pillar and in the roof cutter along to the rear and down to the middle rubber sleeve on the back door.

The fur tree clips are an arse and snap and you can also crease the roof lining of you pull on it :?

To do it properly if drill all the fur tree heads off, use a 6mm drill and right in the middle, the stub is probably 7mm but once you go through you'll find it easy to pull the head off, you'll need to fish out all the stubs when you've finished though save them rattling about.

The roof lining will drop down safely then I'm sure.

You can just yank on it all but the roof lining will crease and rip where the clips are, they're strong as fook.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Re: Rear washer jets lines?

Postby Shortstuff80 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Just as I thought then. Found the pipe in the gutter above the passenger window but couldn't feel where it went.

Guessing I'm taking the roof lining off when I fix it :roll:

Cheers for the help
Shortstuff80

Return to Technical Problems & Questions