*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Electronic pump

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Electronic pump

Postby tsikatadelatsatsu » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:29 pm

My name is Dela from Ghana,I'm having ford transit 2006 module and I have notice that people in Ghana don't like the electronic pump but rather the manual pump,I tried to find out the reason and what they are saying is that electronic pump disturbs too much,example the engine can be on one moment another moment is off and u will try sparking but it will not but if they change the pump to manual it sparks.i want to know the cause or how to make the pump strong always.or is the diesel we have been using?i wanna know pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tsikatadelatsatsu
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Electronic pump

Postby amlav » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:09 am

Welcome to the forum mate . Electronic injection pumps are a bit more sophisticated having an electronic board built in to them . Therefore when it goes bad there are 2 possibilities where fault can arise - the mechanical part of the pump or the electronic board/wiring .
Mechanical pumps have only moving mechanical components so if something goes wrong with it than it is easier and quicker to replace or fix .
I put 200 mi of 2 stroke mineral oil in every full fuel tank refill . It helps lubricate the mechanical parts inside the injection pump .
amlav
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby abiolayunis » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:12 am

First, I need to call the attention of all concerned to how badly we need assistance in Africa in the areas of automotive diagnostics, maintenance and part procurement. Automobile makers are concentrating more on making vehicle for global use with little or no concern on the maintenance and servicing of such vehicles, at least, this much I know about Africa. For instance, I have been raising concerns about how difficult and almost impossible it is to get a genuine Modified Elm327 USB cable to read the DTCs on my LDV Convoy 2002 and Ford Transit 2002. I can confidently tell you that no online store sell genuine ones here in Nigeria, I have bought 3, one of which is Bluetooth and they are all cheap clones. All attempt to get a genuine one proved abortive as nearly all the foreign online stores indicated they do not ship to certain countries, regrettably, Nigeria is one. My only hope is one Maxiecu diag kit Scantooldirect claims would work (wonders like Forscan) and it cost 145GBP, shipping to Nigeria inclusive. Friends, for someone like me in a country with devalued currency, that is almost my savings for 6months. Well, in response to the OP's question, I need to state that the reason Nigerian, Ghana and possibly other African mechanics would tell you the electric injector pump is bad blablabla is simply because they do not have access to correct diag tools, some don't even understand a thing about the 'fly-by-wire'; they are simply glued to the old school manual acceleration system. Some are shitscared of even going near anything that spells ECU/TCM/PCM or in our Nigerian crude mechanic term 'brainbox'. Unlike all other mechanics I have met and spoken with here, I chose to unravel they mystery behind this devil of an electric diesel injector pump - for us here, it's the first of a kind. I also installed manual DI injector pumps on both my Convoy and Transit both with the Duratorq 2.4 90PS engine but I'm saving towards buying the Maxiecu since no one wants to ship a compatible elm327 to Africa. So my friend, it is not the electric injector pump that has issues rather it is our being Africans, the race that is far behind others ( that's my gospel truth). Like we Yorubas believe, everything that is used is subject to wear and tear. Soviet does not matter whether you shirt comes from NIKE or a local tailor, it is bound to wear out as you wear it out. Unlike andypdq, I ain't giving the electric any finger instead, I'm giving it a super thumb.

Sent from my TECNO F2 using Tapatalk
abiolayunis
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby abiolayunis » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:18 am

Pardon my mistake, it "... So it does not matter..." not " Soviet does not matter..." That's a typo error

Sent from my TECNO F2 using Tapatalk
abiolayunis
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby amlav » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Don't think that the 2002 models are OBD2 compliant . (Stand to be corrected ) Most of elm327 obd readers would work with Forscan if the ECU is OBD2 compliant .
amlav
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby knobby1 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:19 pm

amlav wrote:Don't think that the 2002 models are OBD2 compliant . (Stand to be corrected ) Most of elm327 obd readers would work with Forscan if the ECU is OBD2 compliant .

Forscan and modified ELM-327 will work on Mk6's....but OBD-ll readers will not.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions