*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

running problems on 2.3 lpg transit

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

running problems on 2.3 lpg transit

Postby les121 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi All
Just bought a 2.3 lpg transit, its a 03 plate so I guess it makes it a mark 6.
So bought this transit recently as a none runner the guy said it was running fine then just wouldn't start with no indication of any previous symptoms

tried all the usual tricks to get the thing running but no joy got the AA to take a look and he was very thorough plugged this box of tricks in and tested the lot
ecu spark plugs fuel pump/fuel rail/ injectors and other senders, the guy was a real hero all read as positive all good with no probs but sill wont start.

So had a tinker with it today, pulled the plugs and cleaned them all put them all back still want start.
Pulled plug No 1 out then tried to start the engine to my amazement it fired up on the other 3 cylinders and ticked over at a steady rate
Thinking I was on a roll put No 1 plug back and van refuse to start, so tried the same process but with No 3 plug out turned the engine over and it fired up on the other 3 cylinders
I am now totally confused Iv never come across any thing like it defy s all rules of commonsense.
Can any body help.
I'm no stranger to petrol and diesels engines cut my teeth on motorcycle engines had loads of transits petrol and diesel

Regards les121
les121

Re: running problems on 2.3 lpg transit

Postby madmart132 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:11 am

Check your earth leads
madmart132
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: running problems on 2.3 lpg transit

Postby DodgeRover » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:38 am

Cool pack/packs and or earths, it's not making enough power to spark under load.
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Technical Problems & Questions