*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Will any age Galaxy seats fit a Mk7 seat base?

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Will any age Galaxy seats fit a Mk7 seat base?

Postby Tranian » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi, i'm thinking of replacing my original seats with Galaxy or similar. I've seen posts which say they fit without mods to the seat base. Is that all Galaxys, or just the older ones? Are there other seats which fit without mods to the bases?

Thanks
2011 Mk7 140 T350 FWD
Tranian
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Will any age Galaxy seats fit a Mk7 seat base?

Postby andz327 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:43 pm

Tranian wrote:Hi, i'm thinking of replacing my original seats with Galaxy or similar. I've seen posts which say they fit without mods to the seat base. Is that all Galaxys, or just the older ones? Are there other seats which fit without mods to the bases?

Thanks

Ask the people in the posts your talking about and see what they, I'm eventually going the galaxy route but dont know about straight fit or not, but just now its a pair of old vw transporter seats i got couple years ago for £65 but needed 4 lengths of angle iron to fit, no welding just cutting and drilling and bobs yer auntie

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Will any age Galaxy seats fit a Mk7 seat base?

Postby Tranian » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:48 pm

I've done this now, got some Galaxy (2000-2006) seats and used aluminium angle to make them fit. Only problem is the seat cushion is about 2 inches higher than the transit seat (on lowest setting). I find this uncomfortable so I'm switching back to the original and will look out for other suitable seats. If anyone knows what works well please let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2011 Mk7 140 T350 FWD
Tranian
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions