*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Dash lights warning help! Malfunction, ignition and oil pres

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Dash lights warning help! Malfunction, ignition and oil pres

Postby LucyLoop » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:56 am

Hi,
I have 2012 transit and concerned about the lights that come on when I half turn the key in the ignition. I'm having a look through the manual and see a suite of lights should come on, this shows the systems are functioning. However I can't find anything about the three lights that remain for a couple of seconds - engine malfunction (yellow) oil pressure (red) and ignition warning (red). These go away when the key is fully turned and the engine is running. Nothing appears whilst driving.
Passed MOT and was serviced in October. Taken to two different garages recently for check over and test drive - I was concerned it's been feeling sluggish. Different garage (electro guys) checked the batteries (twin batteries), one was nearly dead and draining the other. Replaced the dying one. That was two days ago and she feels much zippier. I cannot for the life of me remember if the three lights appeared on startup previously, I've only just noticed it.
I'm booked into a garage (brak pads need done) but not for another week.
Any views on these lights - should I be worried?
Thanks
Lucy
LucyLoop
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Dash lights warning help! Malfunction, ignition and oil

Postby Punto443 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:36 am

A multitude of lights show on switching on the ignition, they illuminate as systems initiate and run test cycles.

It’s perfectly normal and you should only worry if they remain permanently lit when driving. :)
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Re: Dash lights warning help! Malfunction, ignition and oil

Postby LucyLoop » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:18 am

Yeay brilliant thanks for this. I did some more googling this morning and see most cars have these three lights in particular do stay on and go off when engine is running.
I had a bad breakdown (crankshaft pulley collapsed - nightmare) a couple of months ago, and over Christmas the power steering failed - not while driving thankfully and seems all fine after leaky pipe s replaced. I've been feeling anxious driving it - lost a bit of confidence - so helpful to hear re: dash lights.
LucyLoop
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions