*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Wastegate actuator

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Wastegate actuator

Postby Mad Husky » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:11 pm

2.4 Tddi Rwd 2006 Does anyone know if one of something else will fit as mine is loose flops around in the bracket and has been modified with a piece welded in not willing to buy another turbo just for that part. I have seen some for a 2.4 tdci on fleabay. Otherwise a visit to the scrappy if it's still on it. I would rather put a new one on.
Mad Husky
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Wastegate actuator

Postby knobby1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:10 am

Mad Husky wrote:2.4 Tddi Rwd 2006 Does anyone know if one of something else will fit as mine is loose flops around in the bracket and has been modified with a piece welded in not willing to buy another turbo just for that part. I have seen some for a 2.4 tdci on fleabay. Otherwise a visit to the scrappy if it's still on it. I would rather put a new one on.

You may be able to buy the actuator and arm separately, but I don't think Ford will sell one separately new.

http://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l= ... I3Mg%3D%3D

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mad Husky » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:24 pm

I am struggling to find one specific to the tddi mine is working but seems to be just wedged in there not attached to the bracket and moves about like if it is not the right one for the van anyone confirm it's supposed to have a bit welded in can be seen in the pic ooposite end to the wastegate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mad Husky
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jim Archer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:22 pm

You should have a spring return pressure pot that holds the wastegate valve shut. Boost pressure overcomes the spring preload and opens the valve to bleed off/bypass exhaust flow at a set pressure.

The rod length allows you to set the required preload, and I suspect is the only difference between the various Mk6 TDDI turbos.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby knobby1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:59 pm

Mad Husky wrote:I am struggling to find one specific to the tddi mine is working but seems to be just wedged in there not attached to the bracket and moves about like if it is not the right one for the van anyone confirm it's supposed to have a bit welded in can be seen in the pic ooposite end to the wastegate.

Geeze mate...looks like it's been living at the bottom of the north sea... :shock:

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mad Husky » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:30 pm

Looking around and found a few listed on fleabay for 90 and 120 mines a 115 typical, anyway they all had different code so ended up more confused than when i started and the rust well it is the uk we do get a spot of rain now and again.
Mad Husky
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bambi mk 1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Measure the distance between the bolt holes and post it and a picture :idea: I will have one :)
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mad Husky » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:37 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:Measure the distance between the bolt holes and post it and a picture :idea: I will have one :)

Hi mate you know when your glad you started something but wish you hadn't that actuator is now the least of the problem while i had the elbow off grabbed the shaft it move d turbo is knackered but got the measurement just looking for a core now to repair it. Note the jubilee clip holding it all together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mad Husky
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby andz327 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:11 pm

Check Melrosei in parts for sale

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mad Husky » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:27 pm

andz327 wrote:Check Melrosei in parts for sale

ANDZ

Will do cheers.
Mad Husky
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mad Husky » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:19 pm

Well today decided to remove the turbo and replace the core what a ballache trying to get that sodding clip back in, Anyway while off looked at the actuator ummm should i be able to move the rod sucking on the vacuum pipe because i can which equates to about 4.5 psi to make it move it was stiff untill i worked it a bit. Seemed stuck but moving freely now. Appeared to have oil in it which i guess has come from the engine breather at some time.
Mad Husky
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Technical Problems & Questions