*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Starting Issue

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Starting Issue

Postby adamt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:14 am

Hi, So I have a Mk6 05 Diesel transit that I use as a moterhome so it have been standing a few months.

Getting ready for using it again I have charged the battery but when I go to start the vehicle I get a single click as I turn the ignition. No immobiliser flashing etc.

Where would be the best place to start looking to diagnose the issue?

Thanks

Adam
adamt

Re: Starting Issue

Postby Mad Husky » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:34 pm

I would check the connections on the battery and if the battery is up to it also check the earth at the back of the battery mine was rusty and giving me all sorts of random problems, then i would move on to fuses starter motor.
Mad Husky
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Starting Issue

Postby Chug » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:46 pm

It could just be a duff battery, have you tried a jump start from another vehicle?

As said check all leads for the battery and to starter motor for good clean and tight connections, if still no joy you can try connecting a wire from the starter solenoid (the small connector) directly to the battery positive, if no joy try a jump lead between the battery positive and the large connector on the starter motor solenoid.
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Technical Problems & Questions