*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Selecting manual mode on asm gearbox

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Selecting manual mode on asm gearbox

Postby kevbleicester » Thu May 30, 2019 11:16 pm

Hi I have an asm auto transit m6. How do I select manual to show on the dash display. Keeps showing AUTO. I cannot work out how to do it.
If I sit with engine off but ignition on, the auto selects fine, as soon as I start the engine up the gearbox error pops up. Is it my clutch or should i get clutch slave reprogrammed of replaced? Thanks in advance.
kevbleicester

Re: Selecting manual mode on asm gearbox

Postby dargie25 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:04 am

If I have to use manual i just press the up/down selector buttons on the steering wheel and that puts it into manual selection mode. Dont expect too much help on these gearboxes on here, noone seems to know sod all about them.
dargie25
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Altransit » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:14 am

dargie25 wrote:If I have to use manual i just press the up/down selector buttons on the steering wheel and that puts it into manual selection mode. Dont expect too much help on these gearboxes on here, noone seems to know sod all about them.

'Tis sadly true, they're virtually unknown here in the UK, slightly more popular in the antipodes, and so there are a few posts from our Australian members, but I can't remember this problem coming up before :?
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby kevbleicester » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:47 pm

Many thanks for the help given. Now I just have to get it working. Selects gears for 3-5 mins when cold then seems to stop selecting and struggles. Switch off wait for five mins and ok. But seems as gets warm it stops working. I have taken pump motor off and all seems fine. Posted a you tube vid to see if you think pump motor fine. Looks perfect to me. Van only done 60k.
https://youtu.be/Vj-AEuGjcx4
kevbleicester

Return to Technical Problems & Questions