*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ABS light on

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

ABS light on

Postby Frir » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:41 am

Hi guys, I installed a new LH front wheel bearing yst and tonite when i test drove it the ABS light stayed on. It's on at standstill with the engine running (I think this is normal yeah?) then it goes off momentarily once you start rolling but comes back on a good second later and stays on.

I'm thinking it's probably to do with the ABS reluctor ring on the new bearing not being 100% compatible. Yes, i put the bearing in the right way round with the black magnetic ring to the inside and was careful replacing the sensor in its hole after cleaning the tip.

The bearing wasn't an original ford one. I got it off ebay i think it is a brand called key parts prob made in China.

Any thoughts?
Frir

Re: ABS light on

Postby knobby1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:38 pm

You may have disturbed the sensor wiring/connector/loom, check to make sure it's sound. Was the new or replacement hub for the same model..?? Not exactly sure but I think the Mk6 and Mk7 have different reluctor rings. Are you able to take a photo for us, might be sommink obvious to a knowledgeable chap.

Have you changed/replaced any tyres recently..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: ABS light on

Postby stevec2010 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:03 am

hi, great forum given me loads of help. My abs/traction light came on a while back. I was just setting off steadily in the dry when my NSF abs started operating then stopped and the abs and traction light came on. anyhow mot is looming so plugged my forscan into the van ( if you havent got one i would really recommend it, i got a cheap ELM327 off ebay for £14 and the software is free for 2 months) the program threw up "no signal" on NSF sensor. i pulled out the sensor on the hub and there was a big gouge out of it, looked like a stone had got caught between the sensor and the actuator ring. I got a sensor from scrap yard and soldered it in and bingo, lights out!!! hope this helps someone some day. cheers steve
stevec2010
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions