*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford Transit Custom - 300 2019 Reg - Loss of Power

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Ford Transit Custom - 300 2019 Reg - Loss of Power

Postby MikeWh » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi all.
I own a 2019 Transit Custom 300 Double Cab with a lowly 2000 miles on the clock. Unfortunately, I had the misfortune today to break down on the A46 Newark - Lincoln road.

There were zero error messages on the dashboard. The van suddenly shook and obvious lack of power to the drive. I pulled over into a layby and tried "switcg it off then on again". Still no faults shown on the star trek dash board but now couldn't get above 2000 revs. Ford Assist; AA removed vehicle to main dealer (Many thanks.)

Dealer informs that injector number 2 "probably faulty" and this is becoming a known fault with these new engines. This has obviously cost a days work with other issues.

The dealer thinks that my new van will be with them for up to three weeks. Hopefully getting a replacement - but who really knows.

This message is a "heads up" for other new FT Custom Van owners who I would advise speak to their dealer sooner rather than later.

The AA chap said he took a new van with only 400 miles on the clock last week. Scary stuff if you're a business owner...

Take care out there. Mike
MikeWh

Return to Technical Problems & Questions