*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

05 Transit Minibus intermittent central locking fault

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

05 Transit Minibus intermittent central locking fault

Postby snowjoe » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:23 pm

Our MK6 transit minibus (semi hi roof, MWB) has an annoying problem. The near side sideloading door often doesn't lock. I nearly bought a new central locking motor as I was convinced it had failed, but then it started working again, only occasionally though. I removed the post/lug attached to the body of the van, the thing the lock goes over, and cleaned the plastic off as it was all screwed up. This helped make the door open (manually) easier as it was stiff to open. I hoped that might solve the motor issue too. I can't afford to replace the motor (and no idea how!) unless it's absolutely necessary, so I wondered if anyone has any ideas before I go to that expense?

Many thanks
56 plate 6Speed RWD Mk7 2.4TDCI LWB Transit Minibus with half the seats removed.
Plenty room for kids, surf boards, fishing rods and all the dogs!
snowjoe
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: 05 Transit Minibus intermittent central locking fault

Postby knobby1 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:55 pm

Check and clean the three contact pins and pads on the door/body, sometime they get miss-aligned and dirty.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby snowjoe » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:03 pm

Thanks. I did actually do that but only a quick wipe. I will get some alcohol on it, try not to drink it :D
Maybe wire wool and a rub down. glad you said that though as I wasn't sure if that was what the contacts were for or not.
thanks your Lordship :D
56 plate 6Speed RWD Mk7 2.4TDCI LWB Transit Minibus with half the seats removed.
snowjoe
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Shirazman » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:33 pm

snowjoe wrote:Thanks. I did actually do that but only a quick wipe. I will get some alcohol on it, try not to drink it :D
Maybe wire wool and a rub down. glad you said that though as I wasn't sure if that was what the contacts were for or not.
thanks your Lordship :D
Hi snowjoe did that work? Any update on your central locking issues? And was your rear dopr lock working with the remote?
I'm wondering if the rear won't work, if the sliding door lock is having issues for example

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Shirazman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby snowjoe » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:45 pm

I actually haven'[t got round to it it (blush) !
snowjoe
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Technical Problems & Questions