*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Upgrading and installing on a mk7

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Upgrading and installing on a mk7

Postby GreaseMonkeyuk » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:33 am

Hi guys I hope you all have had a great Christmas :D

I have a 2009 MK7 2.4 RWD 460 basic model currently of the road as it's spun a big end bearing at only 80k :shock: :cry:

And I've seen lots of threads about fitting factory cruise controll etc

I would love to do this while I sort the engine out and a few other things

I'm in the proses of buying a 2008 MK7 280 2.0 FWD 6 speed with cruse, Heated screen, eletric mirrors, auto head lights and rain sensor the upgraded clocks

So my thoughts was to swap the BSI, steering wheel ,mirrors, screen etc So the 460 is the hight spec

My thoughts are if the wiering is not in the 460 would the wiering loom just swap over from the 280 to the 460

I also have a VDO V3.0 tachograph to fit to the 460

I was thinking of rather putting the dash pod on the top of the dash to pull the OE radio out and adapting the dash to 2 single DIN slots to keep everything super neat looking

I do have IDS for programming and I think i have the in/out code genorator somewhere

I was just wondering what's your thoughts on the best way going arround this

I will be putting lots of pics up of how I get on

Ps I would love to also fit AC but can't seam to find much in the way of parts at the moment
GreaseMonkeyuk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Upgrading and installing on a mk7

Postby Airthies » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:16 am

If you get the other van and your going to have the dash out anyway then swap the whole set of looms apart from the engine loom.
But you'd be better holding off for a doner van with AC if you want to do everything else too as there'll still be more wiring to add onto of the other looms without AC.
Good luck with it all but just search the forum for info as virtually everything you need to know is already there I find using Google rather than the site search works better to find what you're looking for, just add "transit forum" to your search and it'll return stuff from here
Good luck with it all, look forward to seeing a build thread.

Sent from my A55ho11 using Crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions