*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Measurement of the rear step

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Measurement of the rear step

Postby pcupit » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:26 pm

Caveat: I am not a Transit owner, just a potential user, and this may be a strange and possibly inappropriate request for help however here goes
I need to make a modification of some ramps I want to use to access the transit at the rear door of a recent model high top Transit that I want to hire for a removal. I need to know the measurement of the rear step so the ramp will miss the plastic step and only go from the floor to the ground. I have downloaded the cad drawing but this does not show the detail I need. So what I want is to know the depth of the step and the distance from the step to the floor. My guess is that the depth is 20cm and the step to floor is 8cm. From the cad I think the step height above ground unladen is 46cm.

Thanks for any help.
pcupit

Re: Measurement of the rear step

Postby knobby1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:46 pm

Depends on what year model, what load rating as the springs may be different....and whether it's FWD or RWD..?? Floor heights have ~4" (~100mm) difference between FWD and RWD with the FWD being lower, depending on the year model.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions