*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford Transit bi-fuel ULEZ issues

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Ford Transit bi-fuel ULEZ issues

Postby Fedro66 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:37 pm

Dear all

I recently bought a 2005 Ford Transit bi-fuel,factory fitted petrol/LPG 2.3 duratec 16 valves engine.

The van was an ex police logistic van therefore well looked after.As it is an LPG I thought it was a green vehicle, however i recently find out it doesn't match ULEZ rules.
My concern is as I live in NW2 area of London for now I am fine,as long as I stay out from city zone 1,but from October 2021 the ULEZ will expand up to the North Circular M25,which is going to inevitably afflict my vehicle.

I love this van,the engine runs so smooth and I am very happy with,i don't want to sale this van.I want to keep it and enjoy it.

Does anyone has any advice,tips,help for this sort of issue?
How can I challenge the ULEZ rules?
Did anyone else have similar problem and found solution?

Apparently the CO2 ULEZ requires is 75.0 g/Km,i haven't professionally checked mine but the site www.car-emission.com says it produce 162.0 g/km of CO2,is there any way to reduce it?

Thanks for your support
Fedro66

Re: Ford Transit bi-fuel ULEZ issues

Postby dieselhead123 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:56 pm

I think you are going to be 'stuffed' mate, TFL are totally inflexible regards this.

The ULEZ as it stands required petrol engined vehicles to be Euro4, diesels need to be Euro6 :shock:

Had your vehicle been registered in 2006 TFL would consider it to be a Euro4 model despite that a 2005 Mk6 model is identical to a 2006 Mk6.

Your only option is to replace the vehicle with a later one or pay the daily charge.

Petrol Transits matter!

TIM
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Ford Transit bi-fuel ULEZ issues

Postby Fedro66 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:45 pm