*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 Econetic (59) Central Locking

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Mk7 Econetic (59) Central Locking

Postby giglight » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:53 pm

Hi everyone

Long time member but not posted for a long while - i have used the search function but I am stumped on this one hoping someone can help!

So my 59 plate SWB transit

Drivers door lock actuator jammed, and cooked itself (took the fuse with it). Replaced the fuse and metered the lock relay output diagnosing actuator faulty.

Great!

So I have replaced the door lock actuator with a "new" one (pattern part) and now the central locking works inc drivers door lock however it is not double locking and I get the horn sound when locking (and indicators do not flash to confirm locked).

I know this is commonly a rear door loom issue or side door contact but given the issue was instigated by the drivers door lock (and the rear door loom is ok) I wonder if some step I missed when changing an actuator?

in detail

1) If I lock with remote, all the doors lock (and stay locked) but I get the horn sound and no indicators flash (and I do not hear what I would describe as the normal additional locking sound)
2) If I sit inside the vehicle and press the door handle lock - all the doors lock and I get the horn sound
3) If I sit inside the vehicle and unlock using the door handle lock ONLY the drivers door unlocks (not sure if this is normal)

If I press unlock the vehicle unlocks fine and the indicators flash.

One point which is "key" no pun intended!! - I notice if I lock the van with the key now in the door, the other doors do not lock - pretty sure they did before.

Any ideas? Is there anything I need to do with the actuator specifically to lean it in etc. It doesnt look like the most complicated of things so I guess not.

:)
giglight

Re: Mk7 Econetic (59) Central Locking

Postby johnenigma » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:52 am

If you have a side loading door, maybe the centre roller may have lost its rubber tyre allowing the door to drop down slightly so the contacts miss each other slightly. There should be an even gap around the door, about the thickness of a £1 coin.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
johnenigma
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Technical Problems & Questions