*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Please help me I’m stuck

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Please help me I’m stuck

Postby richieespicee » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:47 pm

I currently own a mk7 2.2 2014 t350 tipper I’ve had a lot of parts replaced recently as I had a small wire burn out in the engine bay . I’ve changed the following :

Inlet manifold , rocker cover gasket , cam sensor I’ve had a new ecu also I’ve had all the timing checked . The truck starts up first time and sounds mint but it’s coming up ENGINE MALFUNCTION in the centre screen and is in limp mode . We cannot find out why we have checked everything we can think of that it might be I’ve had an auto electrician out to check all the wiring and he said it was all ok . I’ve spent nearly 2k up to now trying to get it fixed and I’m loosing hope please if anyone could help me or advise me on some ideas that would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks
richieespicee

Re: Please help me I’m stuck

Postby Matttjuk » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:13 pm

Are there any codes?
Matttjuk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby richieespicee » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:24 pm

Just cam sensor still I’ve bought 2 of them now In case the first one wasn’t any good
richieespicee

Postby knobby1 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:46 pm

richieespicee wrote:Just cam sensor still I’ve bought 2 of them now In case the first one wasn’t any good

What code reader was used..?? Not all of them cope well with the Transit protocols.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Rustynail » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:13 pm

Get yourself a elm 327 for £15 mate. Best scanner for a mk7 home scanner. Then you can read it and try clearing the code to tell if its a hardwire fault or a sensors faulty. Until you scan it then everything is guesswork. Very very expensive, time consuming, frustrating guesswork.
Rustynail
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Boltrounder » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:08 am

My mate bought a sprinter 2012, and it had a esp warning light and cruise wouldn’t work, my dad got him a abs sensor from work a apec brand, still didn’t work, he then went to euro car parts and bought a padgid one still didn’t work, he got frustrated and called out a auto electrician and he had a look at it when to merc and bought a genuine abs sensor and worked first time, from this experience sometimes it’s better to fit genuine sensors when ruling things out.

my work transit been going into limp mode for about a year now 2015 140,000 miles 2.2 and I just knock it off as I’m driving and it’s cures for a few miles, one day I will fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boltrounder
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby richieespicee » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:25 am

The mechanic has a snap on diagnostic tablet he has been using on it . I’m going to call him today and see if the sensor he has bought is a genuine Ford part if not il will get him to order one. Thanks guys for you reply’s will give some more feedback when I’ve spoke to the mechanic
richieespicee

Postby Boltrounder » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:56 am

Snap on scanner is a really nice big of kit but you Should defo get a elm scanner with a switch they are really useful I use it with the FORScan lite app on my iPhone.

I’ve also got the multicuscan for my alfa I use on my iPhone and I can reset the service light, dpf regenes and all sorts it’s brilliant

Boltrounder
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:08 pm

Boltrounder wrote:Snap on scanner is a really nice big of kit but you Should defo get a elm scanner with a switch they are really useful I use it with the FORScan lite app on my iPhone.

I’ve also got the multicuscan for my alfa I use on my iPhone and I can reset the service light, dpf regenes and all sorts it’s brilliant

Best not to use the Forscan "Lite" phone app, it's known to be a bit flakey when there's a lot of stray WiFi/Bluetooth frequencies around, not a good look when you're half way through programming something...plus you have to pay for it...and it has very limited functionality compared to the free Windoze version.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Boltrounder » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:14 pm

Need to get myself a laptop

Boltrounder
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Technical Problems & Questions