*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk 6/7 2.4 crank

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Mk 6/7 2.4 crank

Postby liammonty » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:24 am

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to use a Mk 6 2.4 TDDi crank in a Mk7 engine? The boiler bivouac difference I can see is the double gear for the duplex timing chain on the TDDi crank vs the single gear on the later version, but I wonder if it’s possible to run the single chain off this? I suspect not but wanted to see if anyone knows before I go ahead and buy another crank. I’ve also seen that some parts places list them as interchangeable but I wonder if this is a mistake... Thanks.
liammonty

Re: Mk 6/7 2.4 crank

Postby andz327 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:01 pm

Don't know if crank is same but why can't you just fit single sprocket to the crank

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Mk 6/7 2.4 crank

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:38 pm

liammonty wrote:Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to use a Mk 6 2.4 TDDi crank in a Mk7 engine? The boiler bivouac difference I can see is the double gear for the duplex timing chain on the TDDi crank vs the single gear on the later version, but I wonder if it’s possible to run the single chain off this? I suspect not but wanted to see if anyone knows before I go ahead and buy another crank. I’ve also seen that some parts places list them as interchangeable but I wonder if this is a mistake... Thanks.

Yes they are the same just change the sprocket
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions