*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Mk7 PCM voltage problems Help ids calibration too ??

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Transit Mk7 PCM voltage problems Help ids calibration too ??

Postby Davietransitbreaker » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:17 pm

Hi all back again on a different user,

We have a transit 2011 2.4 Euro 4 115ps in with a slight injector knock

It’s got a voltage problem via pcm/Ecu via Obd we’re its erratic movement between 13.9 /14.3 customer has told us on very rare occasion battery light stays on , but if you turn the vehicle off and on light goes out

And unable to preform a injector correction on ids due to voltage spiking

Error 41 when trying to stabilise the engine

We’ve checked the alternator power and battery’s steady 14.3 drop test on battery’s were ok

No fault codes present apart from calibration error and pto switch error

We want to rule out current draw / ground from sensors etc as spike is only whiles running any ideas ???

Also looking later code for calibration file for 9c11-12k532-me or 9c11-12k532-mh

Any help would be appreciated thanks guys

Dave
Davietransitbreaker

Re: Transit Mk7 PCM voltage problems Help ids calibration to

Postby Davietransitbreaker » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:43 am

Just to clear up what’s been done , battery and alternator were tested via a multimeter and both 14.3 steady and the pcm voltage spike readings are coming off a self test on ids erratic between 13.9 / 14.3 split second jumps any help would be appreciated, I don’t want to tell the customer to get a alternator when could be unrelated thanks
Davietransitbreaker

Re: Transit Mk7 PCM voltage problems Help ids calibration to

Postby knobby1 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:34 pm

Davietransitbreaker wrote:Just to clear up what’s been done , battery and alternator were tested via a multimeter and both 14.3 steady and the pcm voltage spike readings are coming off a self test on ids erratic between 13.9 / 14.3 split second jumps any help would be appreciated, I don’t want to tell the customer to get a alternator when could be unrelated thanks

Has the battery actually been properly "load" tested or just a voltage checked..?? Some batteries can hold decent voltage until loaded, then they fail miserably.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions