*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2019 Ford Transit Custom (Ecoblue) Battery and Inverter

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2019 Ford Transit Custom (Ecoblue) Battery and Inverter

Postby sargesmiffy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:16 pm

Hello,

I'm proper scratching my head on this so I'm hoping someone here can proove hat I am ok and its not the inverter causing the issue.

I have had a 1500W Sine power inverter installed in my work van (with permission), it sole aim is to charge batteries up for my battery drills when and ONLY when I'm driving. The inverter is installed and connected to the power connection at the drivers seat (fuse rated 60AMPS) and also has 2 in-line switches on the input 12v feed, one near the inverter and the other between the drivers seat and passenger mid-seat. The system has been off since Friday however Monday and today the van wouldn't start, wouldn't even turn over, just hear the starter motor relay clicking in.... Required a jump start on both occasions.

I haven't had a single issue with the van before this week so I'm pretty sure the inverter isn't the cause I've checked all the connections when the ignition is off and there is no power (voltage) being outputed by the inverter or into the inverter when the system and switches are all off, which is what I expect to see.

Boss has the van going in for a battery check and possible replacement tomorrow - I will be removing the system before it goes in for the avoidance of doubt, I suspect it's a duff battery though.

ADDITIONAL

Anybody ever heard about a "gel" battery apparaently thats a thing.........

Any insights would help :)

INSTALLED INVERTER - can't see comments relating to any known issues

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... =UTF8&th=1
sargesmiffy
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions