*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

locked tailgate

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

locked tailgate

Postby chirileac » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:15 pm

hi. Ford Transit 2007. cannot open tailgate either from blur key nor by turning two times in the driver door lock. I even cannot hear any movements in the tailgate lock. tried to disable central locking through ignition but it does not work. the idea was to reach the cargo from the cabin and open it from inside but central lock will lock it again.
tried to disable central lock by:
Step 1
Get into the car and close all the doors. Insert your key into the ignition, but leave it in the off position.
Step 2
Turn the key to the on position and press the power door lock button three times in a row. Turn off the ignition switch and press the power door lock button three times.Return the ignition to the on position and listen for the horn to chirp.
* in my case it was triple chirp

Step 3
Push the power door unlock button once to turn on the auto lock feature. Press the power door lock button once and listen for the horn to beep one time.
* in my case it was triple chirp again

Turn the car off and listen for the horn to beep. One beep of the horn confirms that changes have been made to the auto lock system.
* in my case was no horn

The central lock is still ON :(
chirileac

Re: locked tailgate

Postby chirileac » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:13 pm

if I remove Central Lock Fuse - will it help?
chirileac

Return to Technical Problems & Questions