*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Smoke issue

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Smoke issue

Postby zaka.ford330m » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:00 am

Hello everyone, I kindly ask for some advice

My 330M transit van from 2001 has never had much or any smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe but today I went in to put some gas and I noticed some grey/white smoke coming out... so I just went back home and parked it.
Now my oil levels are fine (right on the max line) as I had filled up a bit with 15W40 last week, cause thats what my mechanic reccommended. Everything else is seeming alright too. The gas i used was from Prio energy and was B7 not sure what that means or if its related at all, just putting all info out there cause I dont know what could cause the smoke when I hit the acceleration pedal ...
Yesteday did a 1 hour trip with the van and everything was okay, except maybe when I was returning it seemed just a bit less powerful (maybe my imprrssion) but it's not over heating either...
Anyone have any suggestions on what could cause the smoke coming off the exhaust pipe?? it seems a bit more than normal...

Thanks and much gratitude
zaka.ford330m
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions