*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ABS & TC lights/hub and bearing kit

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

ABS & TC lights/hub and bearing kit

Postby strak202 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:10 pm

I've just started getting both ABS & TC lights come on every journey after random lengths of time. After alot of forum dredging I'm going to change the wheel bearing on the most likely candidate (both n/s bearings new and I've had issues with the front o/s hub so going for that one)
My question is this, does anyone know where I can get a hub with the bearing already attached. I've bought one for the rear axle but can't see anything for the front on a 2008 mk7.
Any pointers much appreciated, also, if anyone has any other recent causes for the ABS & TC lights to pop on just before the speedometer stops working, I'd be bloody delighted to hear them!
strak202

Re: ABS & TC lights/hub and bearing kit

Postby dumper » Sun May 09, 2021 7:18 am

Not sure on mk7 but when my mk8 abs and tc came on had the codes read and it came up with reluctor ring and abs sensor for nsr it turned out to be the ring had cracked sensor was ok have you had the codes read.
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:34 pm

strak202 wrote:I've just started getting both ABS & TC lights come on every journey after random lengths of time. After alot of forum dredging I'm going to change the wheel bearing on the most likely candidate (both n/s bearings new and I've had issues with the front o/s hub so going for that one)
My question is this, does anyone know where I can get a hub with the bearing already attached. I've bought one for the rear axle but can't see anything for the front on a 2008 mk7.
Any pointers much appreciated, also, if anyone has any other recent causes for the ABS & TC lights to pop on just before the speedometer stops working, I'd be bloody delighted to hear them!

Speedo is run by the ABS system so check all the ABS sensors, looms and reluctor rings for damage etc...

Bearing/hub assy like this..???

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/31352351066 ... SwYnNgmBjS

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Sun May 09, 2021 10:47 pm

You'll have more than on abs sensor problem, speedo still works with one abs sensor but when a second fooks speedo stops , could be sensors, broken wires, reluctor ring or a combination of these

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions