*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit MK6 2006 Vacuum in diesel flow.

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Transit MK6 2006 Vacuum in diesel flow.

Postby DennisB » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:49 am

Hello. I have read several threads but don't seem to find the same problem.

I have a Campervan built on a 2006 Ford Transit MK6 2,4 TDCI. 52000km (fuel filter changed 1 year ago, Mann WK8154)

The fuel line seems to be blocked and the 2 indicators (1 on filter housing and 1 on feeding line to fuel pump) goes straight to red and can not be reset, som it seems that there is a stop causing vacuum in the diesel line.

Short story: Have owned it for 5 years, last year on a trip we got very low on diesel and stopped in a little hill. would not start, ran and fetched some diesel and it started. had do to let air out of filter a few times. After that I believed it was because of low diesel. But now it has happened again.
After running 250km we made a sop for about 30 min. I started it and drove 2-3 km and then it stopped. Stop I fuel line. Released fuel filter, filled it up with new diesel and it started, Drove 2 km, let it idle. everything fine I thought. stopped the engine but when I started it it stopped again. indicators on red. had 2 do the operation a couple of times before it would idle steady. Drove 300km, everything fine. Drove 400km yesterday with atleast 4 stops, worked perfectly. When I got home yesterday I stopped the engine and after 5-10 minutes started it to park it properly, came 20meters and it stopped, the indicators was on red and could not be reset. Waited 10-15 minutes and then I was able to reset indicators and start engine. it started on 1st turn. had It idling for a longer time, no air in diesel, just idling fine.

Seems something is blocking the fuel feeding line to filter. Only has happened with warm engine, warm diesel.

Any thoughts please.
DennisB

Re: Transit MK6 2006 Vacuum in diesel flow.

Postby knobby1 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:10 pm

Check the fuel tank cap breather, it may be blocked.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby karl » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:52 am

knobby1 wrote:Check the fuel tank cap breather, it may be blocked.

Lord Knobrot

these also have to tank breathers on the top of the tank

and the cap breather pipe is just an over flow one
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby DennisB » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:16 pm

I have tried starting with the fuel cap off but it did not do anything to the vacuum. No difference at all. I fell like if there are any one direction valve that get hung up or if maybe something is blocking in the fuel tank.
DennisB

Return to Technical Problems & Questions