*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit MK6 Vacuum in diesel line?

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Transit MK6 Vacuum in diesel line?

Postby DennisB » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:03 pm

Hello. I have read several threads but don't seem to find the same problem.

I have a Campervan built on a 2006 Ford Transit MK6 2,4 TDCI. 52000km (fuel filter changed 1 year ago, Mann WK8154)

The fuel line seems to be blocked and the 2 indicators (1 on filter housing and 1 on feeding line to fuel pump) goes straight to red and can not be reset, som it seems that there is a stop causing vacuum in the diesel line.

Short story: Have owned it for 5 years, last year on a trip we got very low on diesel and stopped in a little hill. would not start, ran and fetched some diesel and it started. had do to let air out of filter a few times. After that we ran home.
Now it has happened again.
After about 400km we made a stop for about 30 min and after that we came only 2-3 km and it stopped. would not start. when I disassembled the fuel filter I could hear the air get in and diesel flowing in the lines. I refilled filter with new diesel and it started. drove 500m and let I idle. it seemed ok and no air in diesel indicators, showing green. turned engine off and when I started it 10 minutes later it just stopped after a few senconds. indicators on red, vacuum.
Stopped a 3-4 times and just let the filter spin off and on to let off vacuum. Then drove 300km, everything fine.
Next day 250km, everything ok
Yesterday I drove home, 400km, everything fine.
Stopped the engine for 10 minutes and then I should park the vehicle, came 15 meters and then it stopped, indicators on red, can not reset. waited 10-15 minutes, did nothing, and then it was possible to reset indicators and then I tried starting. started on 1st turn, idling fine.

It seems to block the fuel feeding line to filter. It seems to happen only when engine/fuel is hot.

ANY IDEAS?
:shock:
DennisB

Return to Technical Problems & Questions