*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

BCM Reset dual battery

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

BCM Reset dual battery

Postby Flaxenheart » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Hi,

Hoping a bcm reset might solve an indicator issue.

Can this be done by disconnecting battery negative and leaving for a period of time?

Also wondering with a dual battery configuration if I need to disconnect both battery negatives?

Thanks
2.2 TDCi (100ps) 310 L3 H2 FWD Van

Self build camper
Flaxenheart

Re: BCM Reset dual battery

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:49 pm

Disconnecting the battery will do nothing apart from require you to find the radio code when you reconnect the battery/s.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: BCM Reset dual battery

Postby Flaxenheart » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:38 pm

Noted, thank you.

Looking at the handbook I can see that fuse f14 is daytime running lamps, direction indicators and rear fog lamps all of which are working apart from the left hand indicators. Does the bcm actually have the capability to cut power to the left indicators only on this fuse?

For the sake of argument, assuming it can, presumably I can connect my multi meter negative to an earth point and then test the left hand indicator wire with the meter positive and close to the bcm to see if the bcm is sending power?

If it is, my problem must be more damaged wire or a connection I guess...which i can then use the same process to diagnose (multi meter negative to vehicle earth and work down the wire through to the connection points with positive), I think?

If the bcm is not sending power I can try a dealer reset.

Sorry, lots of questions but I'm a bit stuck with this.
2.2 TDCi (100ps) 310 L3 H2 FWD Van

Self build camper
Flaxenheart

Return to Technical Problems & Questions