*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Gremlins?

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Gremlins?

Postby Hart_graham » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:30 pm

2015 transit custom 2.2 camper conversion.
I know this topic has been on here before but......
Every now and again after driving the van I go to lock it with the remote and....it locks, horn beeps and it unlocks. I open and close the door again and lock it again and it does the same. I go right round the van and open and close all the doors (5) and it still does it. I tried cleaning the sliding door contacts but it makes no difference. Then I try again maybe an hour later and it will work ok. But not today. Today I got in the van and locked it with the drivers door switch and then unlocked it again, got out and locked it with the remote - no beep, all fine. I've tried unlocking it before I lock it but it makes no difference. DOIN MY HEAD IN!
Help
Hart_graham
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Gremlins?

Postby Hart_graham » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:15 pm

Found the 'gremlin'. Drivers door loom had broken wire where it passes through the flex section between the door and pillar. Discovered that this is a real prob with transits and appears in quite late models such as 2017. Have repaired loom for now whilst awaiting new loom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hart_graham
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Technical Problems & Questions