*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2ltr ecoblue non start - low fuel pressure???? Help

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2ltr ecoblue non start - low fuel pressure???? Help

Postby nickjay » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:12 pm

hey all
I have a strange one. I have got a 2ltr 2018 facelift Ford Tourneo custom auto that has a non start fault. The turbo failed and was advised to have the engine and turbo replaced together as the mileage is 160k. After installing the engine it wont start. Engine is a recon from a reputable dealer.
Had numerous fault codes for low rail pressure etc - about 50 bar when cranking. Just fitted a new fuel pump from Ford as it seemed the only explanation as on the old pump it made 100 bar after priming it and cranking it over and over but it is now making 200 bar. Engine coughs and thats it
With the fuel rail injector outlets blanked off to count out the injectors, and with the pressure relief pipe off and no fuel coming out on cranking it only makes 200 bar. Pump timing has been checked and is exactly on its marks. Tried putting a pipe with a funnel full of fuel in direct onto the fuel pump feed line in and the pump made no pressure at the rail. Connected the main line up from the tank direct to the fuel pump to miss out the fuel lines over the engine and still 200 bar after lots of cranking.
Cant seem to understand why the pump only makes 200 bar, on cranking the electrical connector has a voltage pulse as another one i checked to see if that was correct.
Anybody got any ideas ??????
nickjay
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: 2ltr ecoblue non start - low fuel pressure???? Help

Postby bigsparks » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:10 am

hi
got exactly same mine long running turbo to exchange engine new pump fuel lines tank clean filter block
will keep eye on replies
fuel pump changed for low 200 bar reading for bad starting now 350 minimum for a diesel
had to fitt clear fuel line now with hand pump it now stops with empty fuel line ,
, 06 tdci 135 not have a tank primer pump I yhink (not find one ) thinking fuel pump not sucking fuel up all the time into the low pressure section of pump
,,i did see a air bublle problem but that now ruled out
the tdci only has temp regulator and demand valve on these pumps
Think its going have a little pump fitted in fuel line

cheers
bigsparks
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Gallagher99 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:59 am

Hi there

Did you get an end result if the 2.0 eco blue low fuel pressure issue as Iam having the exact same issue after engine replacement
It will reach about 200bar at the rail after excessive cranking (even with rail blanked )
Low side is around 5 bar -2.42 volts
But it seems to take a while for the pressure to get there very strange
Regards brian
Gallagher99

Postby knobby1 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:10 am

Gallagher99 wrote:Hi there

Did you get an end result if the 2.0 eco blue low fuel pressure issue as Iam having the exact same issue after engine replacement
It will reach about 200bar at the rail after excessive cranking (even with rail blanked )
Low side is around 5 bar -2.42 volts
But it seems to take a while for the pressure to get there very strange
Regards brian

Neither of them have been back on this forum since Oct/Nov 2021, so I suspect you'll never know.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby B.c200 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:08 am

I am having the same problem.
Towed in not starting.

New high pressure pump, new rail with both sensors. New fuel filter. All injectors tested good, cranking but wont start. Starts with a tow but runs rough and Smokey,

Fault codes saying fuel pressure to high on low pressure system,

Anyone any ideas,?
B.c200

Return to Technical Problems & Questions