*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

INJECTORS ?

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

INJECTORS ?

Postby DJCLAY1 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:13 pm

Hi All, Got a bit of a delima ? My 06, tdci transit connect 130,000miles needs new injectors again, leak test done, showing 3 are gone 1 is border line. they were last chaged 38,000miles / 7 years ago. Van is in very good condition and serviced every 6,000miles. its had an easy well looked after life, has just passed MOT, when I bought it it was only a few years old. because of its age, value, milage ect the garage said its not worth doing at a price of £600 ish, because these engines also suffer from worn injector pumps, which contaminats the whole system with very fine fragments which will again kill the injectors ? So I'm not prepared to change pump and as advised flush tank / pipes ect which will be very ££££££. So from all your knowledge good people. is it worth £600 to just do injectors or throw in the towel and send it to ford heaven, Thanks in advance.
DJCLAY1

Re: INJECTORS ?

Postby Jim Archer » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:14 am

Cut the fuel filter open, if there is fine 'glitter' in the return side, it's failing pump time and you'll need to fa tor in a full fuel system clean out and replacement of delicate bits.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Technical Problems & Questions