*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK7 central locking issue

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

MK7 central locking issue

Postby thehammer85 » Sat May 07, 2022 5:40 pm

Hi

I am new to the forum and unfortunately a issue with my van has brought me here.
I have a 2012 mk7 trend mwb van which central locking randomly decided the other day to stop working. I have checked key fob signal and battery and also checked main battery(only 1 on this van) and all ok. As i was locked out i had to remove quarter light from drivers door and unlocked front door from there. I have since checked fuses and located receiver in roof lining. This does not seem to have LED which i have seen described on other posts. I checked wiring to receiver and was getting the 12v required.

Does anyone have any other ideas to what problem could be or how i can get rear doors open? I have read alot of other posts on this and none seem to have final answer. Im leaning towards a faulty receiver but im not sure if replacing this if i have to have keys reprogrammed etc or are they plug and play?

Any help would be much appreciated. :D
thehammer85

Re: MK7 central locking issue

Postby knobby1 » Sat May 07, 2022 9:48 pm

RCL receiver is plug n play. The LED in the receiver should flash when a fob button is pushed.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby thehammer85 » Sun May 08, 2022 9:30 am

Ok thanks. I’m getting power to receiver but I’ve got no LED on the circuit board so not sure if there are different receivers??

I’m changing that over tonight so will see if that works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thehammer85

Postby thehammer85 » Sun May 08, 2022 9:53 pm

Swapped over receivers. I’m now getting LED lighting when I press key fob but nothing happening with central locking.

Will swap barrel from door tomo and hopefully that will open doors for me In meantime.
thehammer85

Postby knobby1 » Mon May 09, 2022 3:02 am

thehammer85 wrote:Swapped over receivers. I’m now getting LED lighting when I press key fob but nothing happening with central locking.

Will swap barrel from door tomo and hopefully that will open doors for me In meantime.

Do you have twin batteries..?? If so check the front one... A poorly front battery can cause all sorts of electrical gremlins.

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby thehammer85 » Tue May 10, 2022 9:43 am

knobby1 wrote:
thehammer85 wrote:Swapped over receivers. I’m now getting LED lighting when I press key fob but nothing happening with central locking.

Do you have twin batteries..?? If so check the front one... A poorly front battery can cause all sorts of electrical gremlins.

Lord Knobrot

Only one battery. I had the issue at start of year as battery had drained through the winter. Was able to charge battery from jump point under bonnet and all worked after that.

I’ve checked all fuses. Fob works and Receiver seems to be working. I’m stumped!!!
thehammer85

Postby knobby1 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:54 am

thehammer85 wrote:Only one battery. I had the issue at start of year as battery had drained through the winter. Was able to charge battery from jump point under bonnet and all worked after that.

I’ve checked all fuses. Fob works and Receiver seems to be working. I’m stumped!!!

Fuse #78 (15amp) in the BCM fuse box..??

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions