*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Code 15 immobiliser flashing on 04 Transit Connect.

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Code 15 immobiliser flashing on 04 Transit Connect.

Postby 777Rav » Fri May 13, 2022 7:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the forum and only 2 days into my Transit Connect ownership and so far it’s not going well!!!

Two days ago I bought from a neighbour a 2004 T200L Transit Connect (Tddi)……..the slow one………

He has owned it over 10 years and had no issue with it really.

I was reversing out of my drive when suddenly the car just died. I tried to restart it, initially nothing but with a couple of twists of the key it turned over. However, it wasn’t firing up. I noticed a flashing red light on the rev counter. After a bit of googling I found that it was the immobiliser light and after further googling found it was flashing a code 15 at me. This appears to be the immobiliser not recognising the key which seems odd given it has done ok for the last 18 years!!

I’m at a loss as to what to do. I have seen people mentioning the 30 min reset but I’m not sure if that is applicable to my van. I have disconnected the battery and put it on charge overnight before I try this procedure.

Does anyone have any idea of what else I could try or how I could get back up and running again. This was not the start to van ownership I was hoping for.

Thanks for any help.
777Rav
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Code 15 immobiliser flashing on 04 Transit Connect.

Postby 777Rav » Sat May 14, 2022 11:12 am

Update.

With a freshly charged battery and a booster pack I switched on the ignition and waited 35 minutes. Then turned off the ignition and tried to start it. Still does exactly the same thing. Turns over, doesn’t fire and gives me a code 15. At a total loss as what to try next :(

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
777Rav
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Altransit » Sat May 14, 2022 11:33 am

You could try checking the transponder ring around the ignition barrel :idea: It could be faulty, out of position, or have a broken wire. Maybe worth a try, it costs nothing to look 8)

If you want to replace it (as a test), it can be replaced without coding in.
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby 777Rav » Sat May 14, 2022 1:22 pm

The receiver ring does seem to be something that crops up on the internet a lot. I thought eBay would be the place for that but not having much luck there.

However……..

I have just been on the phone to an auto electrician. He says that because the van cut out on me it is unlikely to be an immobiliser fault. He reckons it could be the electrical pack on the diesel pump, he thinks that may have caused the van to cut out and that fault has subsequently thrown the immobiliser code. Frustratingly he is just about to go on holiday for 10 days so it’s going to be a while before he can come and do a diagnostic test to confirm.

I’m guessing if it is the electrical pack I’ll have to replace the whole pump…..? Or can it be done separately. Again, guessing it will need recoding to the ECU too…?
777Rav
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 777Rav » Sat May 14, 2022 2:04 pm

Receiver ring all seems intact with no broken wires or loose connections.
777Rav
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 777Rav » Sat May 21, 2022 2:43 pm

Having bought a cheap laptop of off eBay an appropriate lead and Forscan I now have some more information.

I’m getting PCM codes as follows.

P1664
P1563
P1564
P1608
P0216
B2141
P1000

All of these seem to related to the diesel pump “system”. So, it looks like my pump is knackered (or at least the elecs on it anyway). However I still don’t understand why I’m getting the immobiliser code. A bit of googling seems to suggest that the PCM on the diesel pump talks to the PATS so I’m guessing the fried electrics may be throwing the PATS code.

Does anyone have any suggestions or explanations…..?

Has anyone had any experience of having their electrics repaired on the diesel pump. There’s a company on eBay that repairs them for around 40 quid which seems to be far more preferable than getting and fitting a complete new (recon) pump!
777Rav
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Technical Problems & Questions