*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

forscan

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

forscan

Postby Doog » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:54 pm

hi guys been away from here for a while due to being off work and sold my old van but im back to work now and have bought 2013 a mwb 350 rear wheel drive, no real issues with it so far other than it seems to be a bit sluggish pulling away then the power comes in all at once so downloaded forscan again with extended licence but for some reason the menue dosnt seem to give the pump learn pilot learn option as it did before also (this is probably down to my memory) i cant find where to remove the 62mph speed limiter if anybody can give me a bit of advice it would be much appreciated cheers dougie
Doog

Re: forscan

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:48 pm

Doog wrote:hi guys been away from here for a while due to being off work and sold my old van but im back to work now and have bought 2013 a mwb 350 rear wheel drive, no real issues with it so far other than it seems to be a bit sluggish pulling away then the power comes in all at once so downloaded forscan again with extended licence but for some reason the menue dosnt seem to give the pump learn pilot learn option as it did before also (this is probably down to my memory) i cant find where to remove the 62mph speed limiter if anybody can give me a bit of advice it would be much appreciated cheers dougie

2013 is Euro-5, they have a Seimens fuel system, no SCV and PRV ....so no pump, pilot and injector learns like the Euro-4 with the Denso fuel system.

The speed limiter should be there somewhere unless the vehicle is/was a minibus, then it may be "non-adjustable". I believe a proper remap may be an option.
Check the turbo actuator to see if it's free, the vanes in the turbo can stick if clogged with carbon deposits etc... Live data in Forscan should show if it's working properly....l believe there's also a turbo function test within Forscan.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Doog » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:54 am

hi knobby thanks mate il try and check out the turbo on the weekend the van is ex utility company so will keep digging around in forscan to see if i can find where the speed limiter is hiding i removed the limiter on my old van and i remember when i found it it was a doddle to reset it cheers
Doog

Postby Altransit » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:33 am

Is it a panel van, or is it a minibus with the seats removed :?:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Doog » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:03 pm

hi al its a panel van was leased by a utility company from new which reminds me it still has a winton pto and compressor fitted all in working order but not something i need does anyone know if its a major faff to remove it and whether thers any resale value to them
Doog

Return to Technical Problems & Questions