*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Indicator lens help

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Indicator lens help

Postby Josiejenks » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:41 pm

Hello, I am quite out of my depth, hope someone can help with a few things. I broke the driver side indicator lens on a transit van that my friend is hiring long term. I think it is probably better to fix it myself rather than go back to the hire people as we have a £600 excess on insurance and I can't see it being cheap, but I was thinking, it must be only a case of replacing the small part?? So I went to my garage to ask if they could fit it if I bought a new one but firstly he is worried he will break the plastic of the wing mirror when he takes it off and then it will need a new wing mirror, so he said it would be good if I can get a whole second hand wing mirror... but I can't find one anyway. Also I saw a you tube video about replacing the indicator lens and it looked ok, looked like you just take the mirror off the front and unscrew it from there, so I don't know why he thinks it would break the wing mirror. Anyway I've looked on ebay for a replacement but I also don't understand what all the makes and models mean that are listed. My reg is CT68 VJO and I found out the details are these below but the listings keep mentioning MK8 (what is that?!) the one I'm looking at says things like ... Ford Transit 2019 Diesel Platform/Chassis 2.0 EcoBlue 4x4 AWD V363 FED,FFD,VQ 1995cc 96KW 130HP BKRA;YMR6;YMRA..... I'm looking at this listing...https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144234778778 ... SwK3xij23i
What does all this mean? I am so confused.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Josie

Vehicle Details
Manufacturer Ford
Model Transit 350
Colour White
Vehicle Type LCV
Fuel Type Diesel
Body Style High Roof Panel Van
Engine Size 1995 cc
Euro Status 6y
Brake Horse Power 129 BHP
Vehicle Age 3 years 5 months