*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Buzzing noise at night with indicators on

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Buzzing noise at night with indicators on

Postby Lt Falcor » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:17 pm

Hello smart and experienced folks!

I have a 2021 Ford Transit 350 High Roof that intermittently buzzes from below and to the left of the steering wheel. If it is buzzing, it is at night or dusk conditions. The buzzing is accompanied by the off-indicators for both the Parking Assist and Auto-Start-Stop. One time, dimming the dash turned off the buzzing. One time, dimming the dash did not affect the buzzing. Sometimes the buzzing is only for a minute or two, and one time it was for an annoying full 15 minutes early one morning driving to work -- that morning once I turned off the engine and started it back up (after getting some coffee) it was already sun-up so the buzzing did not return. Although the Auto-Start-Stop off indicator would light up this feature would still work.

I'm thinking there is something going on with the electronics (maybe a fuse) that is associated with the dash lights. I cannot access the body control module fuse box (don't know how to get to it). I called a Ford service center and they want to keep it for a few days -- I don't want to leave it overnight if I can help it.

Any thoughts to a quick DIY fix? Or do I have no choice but to leave it with a service center for a few days?

Thanks much!
Falcor, LT
----------
Lt Falcor
2021 Ford Transit 350 HR, Converted Class B RV
Lt Falcor

Return to Technical Problems & Questions