*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2014 dpf fault, help me!!!

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2014 dpf fault, help me!!!

Postby Whiteish van man » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:57 pm

Hi all.
New here so forgive my ignorance.
My van has been going well for years, never any issues, then slowly started loosing a bit of power, put it down to my laziness with oil changes and mileage stacking up.
Anyway, engine light comes on, then another warning light and it goes into limp mode.
My garage changed the glow plugs, two snapped, drilled out, and re genned the dpf.
It only does short journeys around town so makes sense the dpf is struggling, I take it for a blast on the motorway.
All fine until it starts struggling a bit, I pull over, and head gasket has gone.
We’re at £1600 and counting now.
That gets fixed and the engine lights are all out and all seems fine.
Of course, it’s gone into limp mode again, I’ve taken it for diagnosing which has come up with bank1 soot accumulation and forced limited power.
I’m reluctant to start throwing more money at this, but with the price of used vans right now, there’s no choice so…

Has anyone ever successfully cleaned their dpf out on the driveway? Would I need to replace the vaporiser (if my van has one, I haven’t looked yet) And is this worth doing? If it does me another 15,000 miles I’d give it a go!

Or, are any of the mobile dpf cleaning firms worth looking at? If so can any be recommended?

Or, do I cry while the scrappy tows my van away to be broken down into spares?

Any help would be massively appreciated as this is my livelihood, thanks.
Whiteish van man

Re: 2014 dpf fault, help me!!!

Postby knobby1 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:30 pm

Easiest thing to do is remove the DPF and get it "mapped out"....but you'll possibly run into MOT issues in future.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: 2014 dpf fault, help me!!!

Postby Matttjuk » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:13 pm

I'm surprised the vaporiser hasn't been changed as your symptoms seem to point to that. Easy to change and only £115 ish for a new one
Matttjuk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Technical Problems & Questions