*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Electric windows

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Electric windows

Postby Rob callaway » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:39 pm

Hello all , I have a 22 plate transit custom and the windows have stopped working ( drivers side stuck partially open ) contacted the main dealer and their service department said they couldn’t fit me in until the 14th of November . Not sure where to go from here as I was told by the service department I could always take it elsewhere. I bought the van brand new from them 6 months ago and am gobsmacked I now have to drive it for a month with the window open. Any advice would be appreciated
Rob callaway

Re: Electric windows

Postby mallood » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:28 pm

I dont mean this in a bad way, but come on man, you own a brand new car, and you lett the dealer send you off with an open window? Maybe try to explaine him that he should fit you in or you will hold him accountable for any break ins, stolen goods ect, dont lett them shuff you of, stand your ground. Contact Ford global and tell them that your dealer is not willing to fix your problem. only push overs gets pushed, and again i dont mean this in a bad way but stand your ground and make demands....its a new car
mallood
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby MinorMatt » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:13 am

Oh and water damage...

They should at least be able to get the window closed until there is a permenant fix (even if its held up by a bit of wood!)
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby wcmanuk » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:12 am

take it back to the dealer and get them to make it right
wcmanuk

Return to Technical Problems & Questions