Hello i'm new here.
Owned a 14 plate mk7 2.2 for 6 years now, it's been faultless until this morning. I know a little about machinal stuff but this has beaten me. About 4 weeks ago I noticed a red light flashing on and off but never caught to see which one it was but now I now its the battery or alternator light. It remains on all the time, yet the battery is being charged. I measured the battery tonight while the engine was at idle and it read 14.3 volts. The battery light went off then came back on but still the voltage never changed. I can't see no faults, no light dimming yet the engine power seems to drop slightly.
My mate suggested its in limp home mode but it can't be that because the van still does its usual speeds! he also suggested this forum so i,m giving it ago.
Chris.


