*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fitting After Market Remote Central Locking

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Fitting After Market Remote Central Locking

Postby TotalTraining » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:52 pm

Hi, thanks for the add to the forum. I have a 2003 Mk6 Transit that has been converted to a campervan. It has central locking but it is not manual and the key / lock is a bit dodgy. Anyhow, I bought one of those "after market" remote central locking fobs / units from eBay and started fitting it. Took the door liner off to find the wires, expecting probably two or three wires but there are like 7 or so. On the new CL unit there are six wires, orange, white, yellow, orange/black, white/black and yellow/black. I did put the orange, white and yellow into the connector in the door harness and the doors locked but kept on cycling trying to lock again about 3 times. This was without pressing the fob.

Can anybody shed any light as to which wires I need to connect from the new CL unit to the wires in the door harness as I have trawled the internet and cannot find a door circuit diagram to help. I thought, naively, that there would only be two or three that make the circuit when the key is turned either one way or the other.

Any help would be massively appreciated.
TotalTraining

Re: Fitting After Market Remote Central Locking

Postby TotalTraining » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:39 pm

Well so far I've managed to wire the unit to lock and unlock front doors using the green / black and the orange / black wires. I have also found that if all doors are unlocked the new fob will lock everything but it only unlocks the front door. If I short the black / green wire with the black / white wire it will unlock side and rear doors but if I leave permanently connected it doest unlock but if I break the circuit and short it again it will unlock. If I can't find a solution I will connect these 2 wires to a push switch in the back so I can open the sliding door from inside the back when it has been locked overnight.

I'll update when I sort something out, any tips appreciated
TotalTraining

Postby Altransit » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:57 pm

On the standard fob, pressing the unlock button once, unlocks the front doors. Pressing it a second time, unlocks the back doors as well.
You may be able to re-configure the unlocking via Forscan, so that one press unlocks all if that's what you want, but I'm not sure if it's possible.
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby knobby1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:32 pm

Altransit wrote:On the standard fob, pressing the unlock button once, unlocks the front doors. Pressing it a second time, unlocks the back doors as well.
You may be able to re-configure the unlocking via Forscan, so that one press unlocks all if that's what you want, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Yes it is Sir..! There's several different configurations available.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby TotalTraining » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:31 pm

Cheers for the replies. When I bought the van it did not have a fob, just manual central locking with the key. I did see on a post about turning the ignition on and off ten times would allow me to re-program a new fob but I tried this and it did not work. I have now wired a push switch in so I can now unlock the rear doors from the inside so this should suffice for now but would have been nice if I could have just done it all from the fob.

Cheers
TotalTraining

Postby Altransit » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:09 pm

You should be able to unlock the rear doors by turning the key to unlock, twice (rapidly)
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Problems & Questions