*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


66 plate transit custom electrical problems

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

66 plate transit custom electrical problems

Postby Rick666 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:32 pm

Hi

Crazy problem today. Horn started on its own while driving, hazards came on and wouldn't cancel and low brake fluid warning, then the little screen went totally blank.

So a few weeks ago my neighbour knocked on my door to tell me I'd left my lights on. I hadn't, they just turned themselves on. ?

I open and shut the van and they went off.

Within half an hour the hazards started, I repeated the open and shut and they cancelled.

Then today my horn started while the van was locked on the drive, I opened and shut the door and it stopped

Half an hour later the horn sounded for about 15 seconds and stopped.

An hour later I had been driving for about 30 min when the low brake fluid warning sounded for a second and the went out.
The hazards started immediately and a few second later the horn started. (I thought "Christine" Ha)

The horn and Hazards stopped after turning the ignition on and off a couple of times and I got home with a brake warning light on, the side lights on (with the Switch Off ) and the small screen totally blank.

The Brake fluid level is fine.

Now when I lock the rear door using the key fob they unlock immediately but the front door lock ok.

I have removed the horn fuse (neighbours) and when the ignition is turned on the Brake Fluid warning sounds, when I then turn the ignition off the hazards start (and I guess the horn)

I'm trying to get a complete wiring diagram.

My guess.... the lights, hazards, door locks and horn can all bit triggered by the locking /alarm circuits and its this that is the problem.

I guess there is a control unit for this and that is where I'll start when I get the drawing

As for the brake warning and the blank screen, this may well be another effect of the fault.

Can anyone point me at a full wiring diagram which includes all the alarm/ door lock signalling.

I'll check the brake fluid senor tomorrow but I cant see how that would cause all the problems and make the small screen go blank.

Crazy or what ?????? :D

Give it your best guess (other than Christine)
Rick666
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:30 pm

Re: 66 plate transit custom electrical problems

Postby Altransit » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:41 pm

Do you have two batteries under the seat?
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
User avatar
Altransit
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 42095
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK

Re: 66 plate transit custom electrical problems

Postby Rick666 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:27 am

No just one, about 4 months old.
Rick666
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:30 pm


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.