*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Help please, bad knocking from engine

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Help please, bad knocking from engine

Postby Tattoodevil » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:22 am

Morning all, hope you all had a good Xmas and new year, mine isn’t off to the best start!

Wife’s Qashqai packed up yesterday so I was driving her to work this morning when this happened. Went round a roundabout, changed gear on exit and heard a screech like a slipping belt for half a second, then this……

https://youtube.com/shorts/aal3RfPQI5o?feature=share

Any ideas what could be causing it please? Need to get back on the road asap as I’ve already missed a week of work (window cleaning) due to the freeze before Xmas.
Tattoodevil

Re: Help please, bad knocking from engine

Postby joinerman » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:48 pm

Tip off an injector would be my guess, previous experience, is it smoking .?
joinerman
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Help please, bad knocking from engine

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:24 pm

Tattoodevil wrote:Morning all, hope you all had a good Xmas and new year, mine isn’t off to the best start!

Wife’s Qashqai packed up yesterday so I was driving her to work this morning when this happened. Went round a roundabout, changed gear on exit and heard a screech like a slipping belt for half a second, then this……

https://youtube.com/shorts/aal3RfPQI5o?feature=share

Any ideas what could be causing it please? Need to get back on the road asap as I’ve already missed a week of work (window cleaning) due to the freeze before Xmas.

Looks like a Mk7 2.2 FWD Euro-4..?? You don't say what Transit you have.

That knocking sounds rather terminal, easy things first, pop the air filter box off and check for loose injector clamps/bolts. failing that, it does sound rather heavy and could possibly be a rod "big-end" bearing gone.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions