*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Running problems

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Running problems

Postby Jcvan » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:26 pm

Good evening, after replacing all of the sensors still no Change in the problem it’s still doing the same thing thanking you john
Jcvan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jcvan » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:18 pm

Good morning, after changing all sensors , still have the problem on the computer it’s showing no error codes , l haven’t got a clue what it might be thanking you john
Jcvan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:13 pm

Jcvan wrote:Good morning, after changing all sensors , still have the problem on the computer it’s showing no error codes , l haven’t got a clue what it might be thanking you john

Have you replaced the SCV & PRV and done the pump, pilot and injector learns..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jcvan » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:38 pm

Hi knobby1, yes I have done that but still no luck , I think it might be the pump , so that’s on order and I will let you know what happens thanking you john
Jcvan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:37 am

Jcvan wrote:Hi knobby1, yes I have done that but still no luck , I think it might be the pump , so that’s on order and I will let you know what happens thanking you john

The pumps themselves very rarely fail....but sillier things have happened.

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Airthies » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:26 am

Jcvan wrote:Hi knobby1, yes I have done that but still no luck , I think it might be the pump , so that’s on order and I will let you know what happens thanking you john
Have you looked at live data to see what the fuel pressure is when the faults occur?

Do you have any permanent or recurring fault codes?

I think you are replacing unnecessary parts rather than finding the reason for the running problems.

Have you carried out an injector leak off test? To confirm the injectors are all within specification?
It would not be the first time a new or reconditioned part is faulty before it's fitted.

Go back to the origin of the fault, when did you first notice it and if anything had been done before the fault occurred.

Sent using crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jcvan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:47 am

Good morning, after putting a new fuel pump in , it hasn’t helped me wit this problem, on Ford scan it’s not showing any codes so I am still at the same place looking for the problem , thanking you john
Jcvan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:47 pm

Jcvan wrote:Good morning, after putting a new fuel pump in , it hasn’t helped me wit this problem, on Ford scan it’s not showing any codes so I am still at the same place looking for the problem , thanking you john

As Airthies said...loading up the parts cannon is pointless, time consuming and costly. The TDCi pumps hardly ever fail so replacing it was probably unnecessary.

What fuel rail pressure are you getting during idle..?? Were the pump, pilot & injector "learns" completed successfully..??

Were the SCV & PRV genuine Ford/Denso items..??

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jcvan » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:38 am

Good morning they are original parts and the pressure on the rail I will have a look and let you know when I get time to work on the van Thanks john
Jcvan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jcvan » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:04 pm

Good afternoon , I think I might have found the problem, after takeing the prv out again the copper seal wasn’t sitting right , dose any body know the muten meter on this to tighten the prv back in place as Ford here won’t help me thanking you John
Jcvan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:55 pm

Jcvan wrote:Good afternoon , I think I might have found the problem, after takeing the prv out again the copper seal wasn’t sitting right , dose any body know the muten meter on this to tighten the prv back in place as Ford here won’t help me thanking you John

The PRV is done up in two stages and the sealing washer should be replaced as it is a "single use" thing:

Capture.JPG

Lord Knobrot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jcvan » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

Good afternoon , lord knobrot thank you for this information , do you know if its possible to over tighten the prv and damage the thread on the rail? Thanking you john
Jcvan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm

Jcvan wrote:Good afternoon , lord knobrot thank you for this information , do you know if its possible to over tighten the prv and damage the thread on the rail? Thanking you john

Unlikely, torque is 172nm which is effing tight for something so small.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby metalworker0 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm

There was a similar thread a few weeks ago

where i found an alternative source of info ..a land rover manual - same engine ..but different manual

says something along the lines that if the prv is triggered by over pressure ..then it should be replaced as its no longer Guaranteed leak free

does that mean ..not leak free if you open it up ..and try to fix it

or not leak free because it now un-serviceable and the leak is a result of the triggering that renders it useless one time use..self destructs with over-pressure

scroll down here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=222713&p=1841518&hilit=leaking+prv#p1841518

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Jcvan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:31 am

Good morning , thanks for the info, I will give it a tray on Saturday ,happy Easter. Thanking you John
Jcvan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Problems & Questions